- AlanAmis: A robot was cursed to die.
* AlanAmis: Poor robot.
* HollygockGod: I have to admit, there wasn't much more.
* AlanAmis: The Machine Chancel will be angry.
* AlanAmis: Ok, let's wrap this up fast. I got like half an hour.
* TheAntiPiro transforms.
* HollygockGod: You avoided the curse on the door by palming it off on the digbot.
* HollygockGod: So, you go in.
* AlanAmis: I want to cast magic missile.
* HollygockGod: It's Egyptian-tomby.
* HollygockGod: It's not dark enough for that.
* AlanAmis: Drats.
* AlanAmis: Fine. I don my robe and wizard hat.
* HollygockGod: Anyway, it's full of treasure.
* HollygockGod: Or at least old stuff.
* HollygockGod: I bet some of it is likely valuable.
* HollygockGod: E'jah flits forward, turning a pale gold color.
* AlanAmis: Do they try to stop us?
* HollygockGod: No, it's just you guys and your two partners.
* HollygockGod: They can't stop you from wearing what you like.
* AlanAmis: Very funny.
* HollygockGod: All Nobles can don wacky outfits with a level 4 miracle.
* HollygockGod: Anyway, there's also a sealed sarcophagus, which the various relics and things are surrounded.
* HollygockGod: *surrounding
* HollygockGod: The label reads:
* HollygockGod: "HERE LIES HE WHO CAME FROM THE SKY IN FLAME AND SET THIS BARREN LAND AFLAME WITH THE GLORY OF HIS PASSING"
* HollygockGod: "BY HIS WILL, ALL THINGS MIGHT BURN, BE THEY GRASS, STONE, OR THE RESOLVE OF OUR ENEMIES."
* HollygockGod: "KES-EN-EPHET, the Power of <concept unknown>"
* HollygockGod: The last word is a concept that has no meaning to your mind, even with your knowledge of all languages.
* AlanAmis: Ok.
* AlanAmis: Who's going to backstab Savan and E'jah so we can snag the coffin and run?
* Laurelynne: "Why am I not surprised."
* AlanAmis: There any sort of cryptic curse against those who happen to open it.
* HollygockGod: E'jah remarks "I'm uncertain about the structural integrity of this place."
* HollygockGod: (None mentioned.)
* HollygockGod: (It would spoil the symmetry of the box!)
* AlanAmis: I think I'll try to crack that sucker open then.
* HollygockGod: "Technically speaking, we are now outside of Creation, attached to it merely by a thread."
* HollygockGod: Okay, Alan gingerly tests the lid to see what seals it on.
* HollygockGod: In fact, there's nothing sealing it on, and it easily lifts off.
* AlanAmis: (I don't suppose we have workers with us, among who Viktor is one of them?)
* AlanAmis: (I smell sleight of hand waiting to be exploited!)
* HollygockGod: Inside lies the body of a god: a man with flaming red hair, piercing, open eyes, and the regalia of an ancient emperor. He might easily have died only a moment ago.
* HollygockGod: (It's simpler for him to be here, so why not?)
* HollygockGod: In his hands rests a scepter of burnished brass, bearing the image of a phoenix at its tip.
* HollygockGod: It's awfully shiny.
* AlanAmis: Jack that sucker, +5 to thieving skills!
* HollygockGod: E'jah says "I suggest that we remove everything from this chamber as quickly as possible.
* HollygockGod: "I don't care to be here for any longer than necessary."
* ViktorWalters: Viktor then joins the workers as they loot and pillage, I suppose?
* Laurelynne: Not before I write down whatever the name of his concept was.
* HollygockGod: "I can only assume that this pharaoh was murdered by the Excrucians, and I have no idea what effects may remain."
* HollygockGod: (Laurel writes it down.)
* HollygockGod: (It's something like "Flog- jist- yon." )
* HollygockGod: (Strange.)
* Laurelynne: (…oh lord.)
* Edith: (What?)
* Laurelynne: (damn OOC knowledge.)
* HollygockGod: E'jah continues, "I care nothing for the gold and art objects; these canopic jars and other relics should do. Hopefully you have found what you seek here."
* HollygockGod: "Is this acceptable?"
* AlanAmis: "A very magnanimous offer. Of course, my offer to help you for the next few days still stands."
* AlanAmis: (Come on convenient plot holes!)
* Edith: Is the canopic jar containing the heart intact?
* HollygockGod: Yes, it's stacked alongside the body with the others.
* Laurelynne: Good idea.
* AlanAmis: This is where Viktor comes in.
* AlanAmis: I think.
* Laurelynne: Yes. Yes it is.
* HollygockGod: E'jah sheepishly admits, "I'm unlikely to succeed in such a battle as this even with your assistance- our Estates are best suited to a different kind of conflict."
* HollygockGod: "Better to be satisfied with what I have and claim total victory when next I speak to Katriana."
* Laurelynne: And this is where we pray to Viktor to tell him to make the heart jar too boring for them to be interested in.
* AlanAmis: "Very well."
* HollygockGod: Done.
* AlanAmis: (Or Viktor could cart it off and then skip to our chancel while they're not looking)
* Laurelynne: Don't they know who he is?
* ViktorWalters: I don't think they can tell me apart from the others at this point
* Edith: (Dammit, I forgot. The Egyptians didn't remove the heart.)
* Laurelynne: (Hush. :P )
* Edith: (Oh wait, sorry.)
* HollygockGod: (Don't spoil it.)
* AlanAmis: (Convenient plot holes! *nudges Edith*)
* HollygockGod: (A Power would probably have had his heart removed, knowing its mystical significance.)
* ViktorWalters: (I'm not allowed to make things boring to Noble eyes, right? At least not to the point that it's below notice?)
* HollygockGod: Okay, so Viktor carts each of the major canopic jars out of the tomb on his cart.
* Laurelynne: Well, if there are other workers then that would be better, yeah, they'd think you're taking it for them.
* ViktorWalters: (or not capable, I mean)
* AlanAmis: (I'd think it'd just allow you to conveniently be the sole person moving the jars.)
* ViktorWalters: I cart them off then
* HollygockGod: Once outside, he becomes Somebody Else's Problem and is not seen again that day.
* ViktorWalters: \o/
* HollygockGod: The heart jar's absence passes unnoted for the time being.
* Laurelynne: \o/
* HollygockGod: Is one of you going to take the phoenix staff?
* Laurelynne: That's all Alan as far as I'm concerned.
* AlanAmis: Alan might as well.
* Edith: If he does, I'll run like hell.
* AlanAmis: Of course, this is where I hope I can roll a fortitude save of 539583949, right?
* AlanAmis: No problem.
* Edith: If he even reaches for it, I run like hell.
* Laurelynne: I'm ready to switch Anchors as well, yeah.
* HollygockGod: Alan walks up to the sarcophagus, as Edith makes for the door.
* HollygockGod: Alan finds to his displeasure that the staff is gone.
* AlanAmis: I whistle all non-chalantly.
* HollygockGod: And Edith?
* HollygockGod: As you bolt outside the door…
* AlanAmis: Alan is wondering just what happened.
* HollygockGod: you notice that your carpetbag feels just a little bit heavier.
* HollygockGod: And that's all there is tonight.
* Laurelynne: Edith's a klepto now?
* AlanAmis: I knew I should've jacked it while opening the lid.
* ViktorWalters: For shame, Edith.
* Edith: (Oh great, I'm being framed for kleptomania, I think).
* AlanAmis: (Edith just conned a con artist.)
* AlanAmis: (This shall not go unavenged.)
* HollygockGod: (You know what they say- the wand chooses the wizard, or something like that.)
* HollygockGod: Oh, and I think I broke Razzen with my inscription.
* AlanAmis: Alan will probably just think of Edith's escape as her 'feelings' on death and such.
* AlanAmis: Although once he figures out no one else got a hold of the staff…
* Edith: "It's a load-bearing artifact!"
* Laurelynne: (Not my fault I studied alchemy…and Spelljammer. :P )
* AlanAmis: (So is that it?)
* HollygockGod: (That's the end of this story.)
* Laurelynne: (Phlogiston, man I should have seen that coming.)
* HollygockGod: (Please take a CP apiece!)
* AlanAmis: (I might aim for more aspect!)
* AlanAmis: (Then I can rip and tear Edith.)
* Laurelynne: One step closer to Inferno~
* HollygockGod: Kes-en-ephet, the Power of Phlogiston, whatever that is.
* HollygockGod: I was going to have an Everything Is Flammable room as a trap but this storyline was starting to drag.
* HollygockGod: Our next story will be set in the Chancel and give Edith lots to worry about.
* AlanAmis: I hope that staff turns her into a 5 year old.
* AlanAmis: Then I can punt her.