If you want a healthy World Ash, you need plenty of flowers, and if you want a mind-boggling tree's worth of flowers, you're going to need an awful lot of bees. If you want that many bees, you'll want a lot of beekeepers to look after them, and if you want that you're going to want…
Well, that's just it, isn't it?
Celestial apiculture costs money, and nobody actually wants to pay taxes. So it was that the Council of Four granted to the angel Yordael the right to collect a moderate annual excise from the Nobles of the Earth to finance her enormous beekeeping operation.
Collecting taxes from fantastically wealthy gods, in support of a good cause necessary to the continuance of the world, is exactly as heinously difficult as you would expect.
Darryl Collins, Power of Audits, played by Jordan Davis
Sarabande, Power of Cooperation, played by MorkaisChosen
Vauncey Pringle, Power of Taxes, played by Gayo
Love in Idleness, aka Deathblossom, Power of Blossoming, played by Elliott Freeman
Nomen, Power of Night, played by DukeGod
- First Assessment: May You Live In Interesting CRIMES, or, Department of ISLAND Revenue
- Second Assessment: On a RECISSION From God, or, Phantom of the AUDIT
- Third Assessment: DUEL of the Forms, or, MOON Over Macroeconomics
- Fourth Assessment: Don't REBATE Me When I Die, or, CUT'S Love Got To Do With It
- Fifth Assessment: Babes in the FUNDS, or, REPO Mangrove
- Sixth Assessment: DEATH-Colored Envelopes, or, You Knew This Guy Would Show Up Eventually
- Seventh Assessment: Paradigm GIFT, or, Capital Transfer FACTS
- Eighth Assessment: GUILE For An Extension, or, Forever Begins IMMEDIATELY
- Ninth Assessment: Treachery and DEFRAYAL, or, Our Books Are In The SLED
- Tenth Assessment: Department of PLAUDITS, or, TRIAL of Funds
- Eleventh Assessment: Finding VAULT, or, MONEY Games
- Twelfth Assessment: Cross Your Eyes and Dot Your TEA, or, NORNS Filled Out in Duplicate
- Thirteenth Assessment: Due FATE, or, CHANCEL of the Exchequer