Inspirations for Estates and Estate Properties.
An Estate should have 3-7 Properties - when constructing your Estate, feel free to pick the ones that fit your view of the Estate, and ignore the rest.
Beautiful Side of the World
Primal Elements and Forces
- Light is faster than anything!
- Light is massless.
- Light lets people see.
- Light nourishes plants.
- Light fractures into color.
- Light makes things brighter.
- Light demystifies and illuminates things.
- Light plunges straight ahead without thought of steering.
- Light summons shadows.
- Colour make things distinctive
- Colour exudes life
- Colour carries meaning
- Colour catches the eye.
- Explosions are sudden and shocking
- Explosions are violent and harmful
- Explosions are loud and noticeable
- Explosions seek to expand and grow.
- Explosions are brief and temporary.
- Explosions need to be triggered.
- Explosions are entertaining to watch.
- Fire subjugates Nature.
- Fire consumes.
- Fire cleanses.
- Fire is hot and bright
- Fire propagates itself.
- Fire entrances.
- Smoke is a medium of warnings.
- Where there is Smoke, there's fire.
- Smoke kills through denial.
- Smoke is just thick enough.
- Smoke is diffuse.
- Metals conduct energy.
- Metals are strong and durable.
- Metals are bendable and malleable.
- Metals seek to serve civilization and be useful.
- Metals can be mixed with each other, gaining new properties.
- Metals want to be glossy and shiny.
Nature and the World
- The Wind is playful and energetic.
- The Wind is erratic.
- The Wind is fast and fierce when roused.
- The Wind grabs things and pushes them around.
- The Wind spreads and dilutes things.
- The Wind can be harnessed and put to work.
- The Sea is vast and deep.
- The Sea is wild and mercurial.
- The Sea yields bountiful harvest.
- The Sea is powerful; potentially deadly.
- The Sea churns and roils in deep dark currents.
- The Sea keeps within itself untold mysteries and treasure.
- The Sea yearns toward the Moon.
- Fields are restful and serene.
- Fields are open, accessible and surveyable.
- Fields are attractive and beautiful
- Fields are teeming with Life
- Clouds transport water from place to place.
- Clouds float, guided by the winds.
- Clouds are fluffy and insubstantial.
- Clouds are mutable and ever-changing.
- Clouds entice the imagination
- Clouds house and protect lightning spirits.
- Clouds block sight and reflect light.
- Rain falls from heaven.
- Rain drums its rhythms everywhere it can reach.
- Rain washes away filth and cleans the world anew.
- Rain is the old made new again.
- Rain quenches thirsts
- Rain births floods and rivers
- Rain makes green things grow
- The Rainbow creates variety out of sameness
- The Rainbow brings joy and wonder.
- The Rainbow livens up a dull day
- The Rainbow is a symbol of Hope
- The Rainbow stays at a distance, uncatchable.
- Erosion makes beauty from destruction.
- Erosion wears down resistance over time.
- Erosion works through intermediaries.
- Erosion finds the weak spots.
- Erosion turns solids into salts and soil.
- Erosion seeks to erase differences.
- Erosion crumbles the works of the mighty.
- Drifting is melancholic.
- Drifting happens to the weak or directionless.
- Drifting siezes hold of your destiny.
- Drifting carries you away.
- Drifting acts randomly and haphazardly.
- Drifting is slow and gradual.
- The Green is calm and soothing.
- The Green is slow and unmoving.
- The Green is natural and healthy.
- The Green continually grows and develops.
- The Green draws power into itself.
- The Green is unready, still wrapped in the process of becoming.
- Water seeks to flow. (assuming Ice and Vapour are separate Estates)
- Water seeks to cling to and soak into things.
- Water seeks to dissolve things.
- Water seeks to resist the effects of Heat and Cold.
- Water promotes Life
- Flowers catch the eye.
- Flowers attract helpers.
- Flowers are powerful symbols.
- Flowers live, grow and reproduce.
- Cats have the air of royalty about them.
- Cats strive to be elegant and beautiful.
- Cats move with fluid grace and speed.
- Cats perceive what others don't.
- Cats hunt and stalk prey.
- Cats are playful, curious and lazy.
- Cats are self-centered, vain and cruel.
- Silver is precious and valuable.
- Silver seeks to be pure and unsullied.
- Silver is dense; concentrated.
- Silver conducts energies well.
- Silver is shiny and reflective.
- Silver cleanses filth and evil.
- Gold impresses and attracts people.
- Gold laughs at corrosion and corruption.
- Gold weighs you down.
- Gold paves the paths of least resistance. (conducts electricity, acts as catalyst, is used to bribe people)
- Gold bends to pressure; it is soft and pliable.
- Gold is rare and exclusive.
- Gold is associated with royalty and luxury.
- Life is complex and convoluted.
- Life consumes order and energy.
- Life is tenacious and stubborn.
- Life is dynamic and energetic, ever in motion.
- Life seeks to spread and multiply.
- Blood gives and nourishes life.
- Blood flows through and permeates the body.
- Blood is sacred and binding.
- Blood is upsetting and disgusting.
- Blood will tell.
- Blood calls to blood
- Slime is organic; extruded by living things.
- Slime is yucky and disgusting.
- Slime clings to things.
- Slime make things slippery and hard-to-grasp.
- Slime protects life, while corroding the unliving.
- Slime needs moisture to maintain itself.
- Roots connect you to the world.
- Roots seek to dig into and penetrate things.
- Roots seek to grasp and constrain things
- Roots anchor you, providing support and stability
- Roots are thirsty and absorbant.
- Roots funnel and transport things.
- Roots seek to fulfil your needs.
- Evolution adapts things to their surroundings
- Evolution makes things convoluted and complex.
- Evolution builds on what is already there.
- Evolution is random and aimless.
- Evolution is slow and subtle
- Evolution is powered by sex
- Sleep shackles the body
- Sleep frees the mind
- Sleep refreshes
- Sleep brings dreams
- The Heart lies at the center of things.
- The Heart is vital and necessary.
- The Heart beats out the rythm of life.
- The Heart lives emotion.
- The Heart never rests.
Story and Consciousness
- Life is the path each person travels from birth til death.
- Lives seek to intertwine and interact with each other.
- Life is unfair, harsh and difficult.
- Life is sweet, desirable and worthwhile.
- Life is personal, limited and small.
- Life is full of surprises and opportunities.
- Life goes on.
- Individuality differentiates you from your peers.
- Individuality fuels independence.
- Individuality is a source of strength
- Individuality creates barriers that cannot be crossed.
- Individuality is the wellspring of enlightenment and understanding.
- Individuality is absolute—if it is compromised it is destroyed.
- Individuality must be earned and kept with great effort.
- Names are anchors for the mind.
- Names refer to things beyond themselves
- Names define you.
- Names distinguish you
- Names are part of your identity.
- Names are meaningful
- Names get attention.
- Hope is beautiful, yet fragile.
- Hope lets you endure hardships.
- Hope looks to the future.
- Hope brings light to darkness
- Hope makes you take risks.
- Hope springs eternal
- Ideas are constructs of Thought and Meaning, drifting upon the Aether.
- Ideas battle to hold sway over minds.
- Ideas teach of possibilities and perspective.
- Ideas evolve and improve, continually remaking themselves.
- Ideas hide in texts and imagery; they are vectored by language and the Arts.
- Ideas can be given away and yet remain; be shared yet not diluted.
- Ideas bring and spur Change, upsetting the status quo.
- Ideas strike from out of the blue (are unexpected)
- Ideas float around in the aether, until anchored.
- Ideas strike at random, unpredictably.
- Ideas are spontaneous and serendipitous.
- Imagination seeks to take your mind for a ride.
- Imagination whisks you away to far-off places.
- Imagination plays out hypothetical scenarios.
- Imagination is whimsical and immature.
- Imagination has no limits.
- Imagination is an artist's greatest asset.
- Imagination makes a man dangerous.
- Imagination distracts you.
* Revelation is sudden and shocking.
* Revelation shatters your world-view and annihilates what you think you knew.
* Revelation shows you the truth. //is truth written large
* Revelation sweeps aside denial.
* Revelation is painful and difficult.
* Revelation forces you to think.
* Revelation is ultimately worthwhile.
- Truths are facts looking for revenge.
- Truth is complex and muddled.
- Truth is impopular.
- Truth hurts.
- Truth will out.
- Truth has power.
- Truth shall set you free.
- Love attracts.
- Love unites.
- Love exalts.
- Love conquers all.
- Love inspires and motivates.
- Love makes you care for others.
- Love makes you dance to its tune.
- Love leaves you vulnerable.
- Love complicates a situation.
- Love does not listen to reason.
- Adventures are enticing and alluring to the young and unblooded.
- Adventures are meaningful and epic.
- Adventures test you to your limits.
- Adventures are exciting and fun, at least in retrospect.
- Adventures seek happy endings - or at least dramatic ones.
- Adventures leave you changed; more matured and experienced.
- Adventures are inspiring and story-worthy; seeding legends and tall tales.
- Dreams are founts of stories and ideas
- Dreams teach us about ourselves.
- Dreams are a source of inner strength.
- Dreams are fleeting, easily lost unless you hold on to them.
- Dreams make you accept the weird and absurd as normal.
- Dreams become reality with enough effort.
- Boredom is drawn to the unchanging and predictable.
- Boredom can be driven away by high emotions and focused activity.
- Boredom is stifling, itching and uncomfortable; barely tolerable.
- Boredom makes the mind numb and dull.
- Boredom wants you to fight it, to scratch that itch; to take action.
- Boredom seeks to nudge people off their old trod-in tracks.
- Boredom doesn't excuse anything - but it explains a lot.
Painful Side of the World
- Death is feared.
- Death is inevitable.
- Death is final and irreversible.
- Death cuts all ties.
- Death brings change.
- Pain commands attention.
- Pain warns you of harm.
- Pain triggers reflexes.
- Pain is an obstacle
- Pain is the greatest teacher
- Pain crowds out thought.
- Pain is undesirable.
- Hunger weakens you.
- Hunger infiltrates your thoughts
- Hunger tells you what you need.
- Hunger drives you to action.
- Hunger is the best spice.
- Corrosion tarnishes and debases things.
- Corrosion mixes things together.
- Corrosion seeks to destroy the fruits of civilization.
- Corrosion grows and spreads, amplifying itself.
- Corrosion thrives in wetness and filth.
- Disaster exposes flaws.
- Disaster shatters plans and preconceptions.
- Disaster generates Chaos and Destruction
- Disaster brings out the best in people.
- Disaster strengthens those who survive it.
- Disaster provides a clean slate.
- War is born from conflict.
- War causes death and destruction.
- War is hell.
- War brings ruin to one side and profit to the other.
- War spurs progress.
- War pulls people together.
- War is morbidly fascinating.
- War resolves conflicts through violence.
- War makes you put your life on the line.
- War brings tragedy and catharsis.
- War brings spoils and fame.
- War will make a man out of you.
- War begets camraderie and cooperation,
- War is glorious and inspiring
- Murder has purpose and intent. <- accidents don't count
- Murder is done for selfish and personal reasons. <- executions don't count
- Murder is non-consensual and unfair. <- dueling or self-defense doesn't count
- Murder is momentuous and significant. <-swatting flies doesn't count
- Murder extinguishes life.
- Murder is criminal and punishable, cause for persecution.
- Murder sows fear and distrust.
- Regrets haunt you.
- Regrets show you your mistakes
- Nobody wants Regrets
- Regret can change the nature of a man
Light Side of Society
Civilization & Culture
- Art cannot be rushed
- Art engages the senses
- Art touches the soul
- Art must convey a message.
- Art reflects its creator. (The Artist is part of what he creates.)
- Art is in the eye of the beholder (interpreted or negated by its receiver)
- Music is Sound made Art.
- Music is seductive and alluring.
- Music sets the mood.
- Music soothes or excites
- Music wants to make you move.
- Music is subjective and divisive; each person has their own favourites.
- Music is ubiquitous in peoples' lives.
- Language shapes your thoughts
- Language conveys meaning.
- Language evolves constantly.
- Language sets barriers between people
- P. tells you when to pause - and how long.
- P. eliminates ambiguity.
- P. conveys emotion ;)
- P. regulates tone and volume!!!
- Etiquette turns violent conflicts into non-violent ones.
- Etiquette is governed by a complex system of rules, which inevitably contains loopholes.
- Etiquette binds people together in society.
- Etiquette elevates people above barbarism and savagery.
- Responsibility is a heavy burden.
- Responsibility sends blame and praise your way (makes you a target).
- Responsibility makes you act even when it's unpleasant.
- Responsibility forces you to grow.
- Responsibility gives you importance.
- Responsibility is the price of power.
- The Doctor is an ideal for mortals to strive towards.
- The Doctor commands your trust and respect.
- The Doctor wields helpful tools and paraphernalia.
- The Doctor stays up to date with all the latest information.
- The Doctor remains calm and cool in times of crisis.
- The Doctor knows what to do.
- The Doctor is sworn to do no harm.
- Complaints are kindled from disappointment and frustration.
- Complaints point out your failings.
- Complaints seek to bring about change
- Complaints are annoying and distracting.
- Complaints strive towards the top
- Complaints can get you into trouble
- Taxes take your money and valuables.
- Taxes build public works.
- Taxes empower governments.
- Taxes redirect the flow of money.
- Everyone wants to avoid Taxes.
- Preserve knowledge and culture.
- Own and accumulate media - the more, the better.
- Are organized and searchable, keeping track of their contents.
- Are communal, pooling resources for many people to share.
- Lend people their possessions to take home and use.
- Impose fines on people who break their rules.
- Should be quiet - Shhhh!
- Plastic stands outside the natural order.
- Plastic is cheap and easy to produce in bulk.
- Plastic takes well to molding and shaping.
- Plastic is isolating and resistant.
- Plastic is light and flexible.
- Plastic is flimsy and disposable.
- Paper captures ideas.
- Paper is flat and foldable.
- Paper is easily torn.
- Paper is flammable.
- Paper is absorptive.
- Paper gives painful cuts.
- Ink leaves lasting marks
- Ink incarnates ideas
- Ink taps into the Soul
- Ink conveys information
- Ink is intense.
- Ink stains whatever it touches.
- Ink forms patterns that encode meaning.
- Ink makes marks that cannot be removed.
- Are containers for knowledge and ideas.
- Let people communicate their views and advice, even after they are dead and gone.
- Require skill and dedication in order to be created.
- Require training and sustained focus to decode (learn to read!).
- Stimulate and exercise your mind and imagination.
- absorb you into a world you create for yourself.
- Can be re-used over and over again.
- Wheels are round.
- Wheels want to spin.
- Wheels make movement easier.
- Wheels seek to have traction; to grip into things.
- Wheels want to be parts of a greater whole.
- Wheels are servants of civilization.
- Clothes separate people from the world they live in.
- Clothes are worn - draped in layers on the body.
- Clothes seek to keep you safe and comfortable.
- Clothes can easily be swapped or discarded, mixed and matched.
- Clothes are susceptible to fashions, becoming outmoded or "in" as trends shift.
- Clothes make the man. (inform peoples' impressions of you to a large degree)
- Clothes are something you are expected to have, or face social repercussions.
- Fortifications are force-multipliers
- Fortifications are tough and resilient
- Fortifications are impressive and imposing.
- Fortifications protect people.
- Fortifications obstruct passage
- Gizmos are cool and desirable.
- Gizmos make work easier.
- Gizmos are hard to understand.
- Gizmos complicate your life.
- Gizmos malfunction when it's maximally inconvenient.
- Toys are the playthings of others.
- Toys bring fun and amusement.
- Toys tempt you to use them.
- Toys distract you and waste time
- Toys spark nostalgia and fond memories.
- Games present alluring challenges.
- Games offer choice and interactivity.
- Games are governed by rules.
- Games have elements of uncertainty.
- Games teach and improve people.
- Games evolve over time, adding layers of complexity.
- Games are fun and exciting!
- Dolls are models of real-world beings.
- Dolls are playthings - at the mercy of the whims of others.
- Dolls spark and focus your imagination.
- Dolls have only the life you lend them.
- Dolls are artificial and fake.
- Dolls seek to have clothes and accessories.
- Donuts curve around a center-point.
- Donuts are edible.
- Donuts are a source of easy, plentiful energy.
- Donuts are soft and porous.
- Donuts drip with oil and fat.
- Donuts desire glaze and sprinkles.
- Donuts must be baptized in fire.
Dark Side of Society
- Advertising makes you want things against your better judgement.
- Advertising rules modern media.
- Advertising undermines your self-confidence.
- Advertising makes you cynical.
- Advertising is ubiquitous.
- Theft transfers ownership.
- Theft is done without permission.
- Theft rewards the audacious
- Theft burdens your Karma.
- Fame tells strangers who you are.
- Fame bestows special treatment and priviledges.
- Fame makes you feel good.
- Fame is fleeting and momentary.
- Fame is addictive.
- Fame changes a person.
- Fame demands sacrifice.
- Pollution is the dark shadow of Progress.
- Pollution is waste and dross and unwanted things.
- Pollution is disgusting and poisonous.
- Pollution desecrates nature.
- Pollution spreads.
- Meaning groups events together into a coherent whole.
- Meaning makes things more than the sum of their parts.
- Meaning is cumulative, accreting from many sources.
- Meaning describes purpose and intent.
- Meaning lends significance and worth.
- Meaning facilitates understanding.
- Meaning demands context.
- To Exist is to stand apart.
- To Exist is to interact with Creation.
- Existence is ambiguous and gradual.
- Existence is desirable and habit-forming.
- Existence implies form and definition.
- Existence binds you to Creation and its rules.
- Existence engraves your mark on Creation forever.
- Time separates events from each other
- Time relates events to each other.
- Time gives you cause and effect.
- Time lets you change and become different.
- Time seeks to be straightforward and linear.
- Space separates things from each other.
- Space relates things to each other.
- Space gives you place and position.
- Space provides you with freedom and options.
- Space seeks to contain and envelop things.
- Space seeks to limit interaction.
- Form imposes borders on your being.
- Form distinguishes you from everything else.
- Form reflects and implies on its owner.
- Form corresponds to function.
- Form seeks to be intelligible.
- Form yearns towards beauty.
- Structure defines the ways in which you can change.
- Structure eases interaction and permits touch.
- Structure seeks to prevent things from overlapping.
- Structure seeks to be organized into patterns.
- Structure bears loads and stresses.
- Structure yearn towards efficiency.
- Structure seeks to persist.
- Energy in it's pure form consists of barely restrained potential.
- Energy seeks to make things happen.
- Energy seeks to activate and drive things.
- Energy seeks to expend itself and dissipate.
- Energy is dangerous and volatile.
- Energy can be channeled and utilized.
- Energy is easily shifted to other forms.
- The Infinite is inexhaustible.
- The Infinite stretches out forever.
- The Infinite defies arithmetics.
- The Infinite inspires awe and confusion.
- The Infinite contains all possibilities.
- Phlogiston goes unnoticed by the senses.
- Phlogiston gives structure and stability to things.
- Phlogiston is produced by life.
- Phlogiston flees from fire and heat.
- Phlogiston strives towards the heavens.
- Ghosts are insubstantial
- Ghosts cannot be proven or disproven
- Ghosts are frightening and creepy.
- Ghosts live out the memories of the dead.
- Goblins are Weird and Abnormal
- Goblins lurk in the unseen places of the world.
- Goblins have certain supernatural powers.
- Goblins follow the laws of stories, not those of physics.
- Goblins can be made, with some effort, from humans.
on iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, PC. It's free.