Tea Party Of Disapproval

<Seawaffle> yeah, it makes one comfortable when the tea party one is supposed to is referred to as a "tea party of disaster"

<BFP> :)

<BFP> I've just copied out flower meanings all the way through P.

<BFP> I think I'm done with that for now.

<tragicsmile> so we're supposed to brush up on baroque and tea party etiquette?

<BFP> Just keep it in mind.

<Seawaffle> guh

<Seawaffle> so that means that tragic is going to be taking the lead in speaking tonight, because I'll be damned if I know anything about that noise

<tragicsmile> neither do i :p

<Seawaffle> ok, then duty

<Seawaffle> or razzen

<Seawaffle> yeah, razzen

<Seawaffle> he's good with odd things like that

<Duty> neither do i

<Duty> but i have WIKIPEDIA

<Duty> :o

<Seawaffle> I'm too lazy to wiki ;__;

<tragicsmile> wikipedia helps

<Seawaffle> bah, link me

<Duty> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_party

<Duty> not much detail, but wear a suit

<Seawaffle> the way the rp forums are on mtf now is odd…

<BFP> I'm trying to draw Designs in crayon.

<BFP> Ah, a forum reshuffle.

<Seawaffle> yeah, it was decided that maybe having nvg out in the open would increase activity

<tragicsmile> I can't really use any change miracles around her since it will be noticable and I'll have to get around her auctoritas, right?

<BFP> Hopefully so.

<BFP> Maybe SD will finally get their own Nobilis group going.

<BFP> We can be rivals, in a roleplaying battle to the death.

<BFP> And it'll be quicker to get there with the forums running slow.

<Seawaffle> if you want honesty, nvg may end up being shut down

<BFP> Really?

<BFP> Where will our thread go then?

<Seawaffle> oh, who knows

<Seawaffle> it may all be folded back into one rp forum again

<Seawaffle> because honestly, nvg isn't working out too splendidly

<BFP> That would make it impossible to find anything… Oh well

<tragicsmile> We'll just have to work with it; good thing the nobilis thread is stickied

<Seawaffle> should I be looking up emily post on project gutenberg?

<Duty> Seawaffle: one forum with two subforums, or one forum proper

<Seawaffle> I'm thinking it may be turned into one forum proper, as it was before

<Duty> nvg perhaps doesn't get enough posts to be on the front page, but it would suck to have it mixed in with all the forum-rpg crapola again

<Seawaffle> most of the mods don't feel that it gets enough traffic to exist

<tragicsmile> http://www.bartleby.com/95/13.html <—-this has a lot of miscellaneousinformation that I hope we will not need to make use eof

<Seawaffle> lol duty talks in wrong channel

<Duty> oops

<Seawaffle> ms101, I dunno, I think cort keeps it around to torture me for crimes in a past life

<Seawaffle> http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/14314

<tragicsmile> you found out!

<tragicsmile> this is purgatory, and cort punishes us for our transgressions

<BFP> Well, I think that it may get more traffic now that it's up front.

<Seawaffle> possibly

<Seawaffle> I like how the example invitation says that the people are going to be home for a certain period of time

  • |7hs| has successfully negotiated dinner in front of comp

<Duty> now, barring the possibility of sudden cardiac arrest, i shall remain present for the next 20 minutes and beyond

<tragicsmile> evening, razzen

<Razzen> Hello

<BFP> Good evening.

<BFP> I guess this means we're all here on time?

<BFP> Except maybe TSO?

<tragicsmile> looks like it

<Razzen> Is he afk?

<Seawaffle> dunno if he's actually around yet

<Razzen> Question: how are you guys setting it up so that you have two nicks in the channel at the same time?

<Seawaffle> I run two clients, and switch back and forth

<tragicsmile> we make another connection to freenode

<Duty> i should probably do that

<Duty> i'm in idlerpg so changing nicks kicks my ass in that

<Titus Cornelius Naro> I see

<Bernardo> \o/

<BFP> Or you can just use some marker to not OOC stuff

<Seawaffle> maybe, but the multiple nicks make it easier to distinguish

** Wilgelm [i=ten.semagmoz.okemih|eniek#ten.semagmoz.okemih|eniek] joined #forum-nobilis

<Wilgelm> you spelled my name wrong on the main page

<Razzen> Oh it's Wilgelm and not Wilhelm?

<Wilgelm> yeah

<BFP> I can't spell all your crazy Europe names…

<Wilgelm> which is handy because wilhelm is taken

<BFP> I need a degree in European studies or something.

<Razzen> Yes, you should.

<BFP> Did everybody read through the Social Register?

<Wilgelm> yup

<Wilgelm> I have it open for quick reference, too

<Razzen> Yes

<BFP> I'll be adding more to it later.

<BFP> Additional Rites and things.

<BFP> Notably the Rite of Annunciation

<BFP> Which essentially announces to another Familia that you are about to enter their Chancel.

<BFP> Communicating your Design to them in whatever way is appropriate.

<Wilgelm> potentially neat

<tragicsmile> ah, so that's why you were waiting for our designs

<Razzen> Could you explain your footnote in the social register a little more?

<BFP> About Memory and Auctoritas?

<Razzen> Yes

<BFP> Essentially, I decided that a Noble's Auctoritas would *not* protect them from being seen in someone else's memory.

<BFP> Thus, rather than seeing a blank space where she was, you saw her.

<Razzen> Makes sense, I mean that's how the person remembered seeing it, not as empty space.

  • BFP is now known as HollyhockGod

<Razzen> Unless of course that /is/ how they saw it.

<Seawaffle> how does that affect the thing where we looked back to see the scene of the file deleting crime?

<Elias> and an auctoritas should not protect someone from being seen by a normal person

<Razzen> Good question.

<Hollyhock God> It doesn't affect that.

<Hollyhock God> The perp was not actually present, so you didn't see him.

<Seawaffle> hrm

<Razzen> Ah, that's right, it was done long-distance.

<Hollyhock God> Long-distance Domain is possible for +1 DMP.

<Hollyhock God> TSO, are you here now?

<Duty> <bringerofdoom> I hear he had work and a party or something

  • HollyhockGo breaks down and cries.

<Razzen> Damn teenagers. :P

<Elias> couldn't he have given advanced warning? I could be out drinking tonight

<Elias> oh well.

<Hollyhock God> We'll have to hope he shows up.

<Seawaffle> gah

<Elias> can it be plausibly explained away as her being called away unexpectedly, or are we to be castigated for her absence?

<Hollyhock God> We can't keep doing this without people.

<Hollyhock God> I'll get plot cancer.

<Seawaffle> so can we do this, or no?

<Duty> well, she became power of communication recently right?

<Seawaffle> I thought the whole thing was that this noble wanted to meet tso and duty…

<Seawaffle> or something

<Hollyhock God> Yes, we kind of need TSO.

<Elias> oh

<Hollyhock God> Hopefully he's just a little late.

<Duty> bleh

<Seawaffle> guuu

<tragicsmile> gao.

<Hollyhock God> urghhh

  • tragicsmile wonders what the english name for sampaguita is

<tragicsmile> ooh, arabian jasmine. aaaand… it's not there. oh well.

<Seawaffle> gogo babelfish?

<Razzen> Well, you may just have to play her as an NPC.

<Duty> i think it's sampaguita

<Duty> :p

<Seawaffle> playing tso as an npc would sort of destroy the point of a game…

<Hollyhock God> I shall give him fifteen minutes whilst I go for ice cream.

<Seawaffle> and if he doesn't show?

<Hollyhock God> After that, I shall reschedule and make a voodoo doll.

<Seawaffle> got it

<Hollyhock God> I don't know his name or what he looks like, so it could be difficult.

<Seawaffle> I know his name

<Seawaffle> mwahahaha

<Duty> and he's in the forum-m otakon group pic

<Duty> wherever that is

<Seawaffle> gogo internet sleuth team

<Hollyhock God> Excellent.

<Hollyhock God> I'm going to go put some muffins in the oven.

<Seawaffle> but where is the ice cream~

<Seawaffle> I swear, bfp, you're a woman

<tragicsmile> a single stalk of jonquille, bearing a pure white pearl on its stamen; a paper-white narcissus wraps itself around the stalk of jonquille

<tragicsmile> i'll take that as my design. want me to put it on the thread or will that be enough?

<Seawaffle> do I have to have a design?

<tragicsmile> he was asking about ours earlier, so I believe we have to have them

<Seawaffle> damn

<Razzen> Probably should add it to the thread, yes, since it's part of your character sheet.

<tragicsmile> alright

<Razzen> What do they represent, tragic?

<tragicsmile> the selfish, sensual desire for one so pure

<tragicsmile> which essentially damned my character

<Razzen> How conflicting, makes perfect sense.

<Seawaffle> I'm no good at doing shit like that

<Razzen> Eh, the book has lots of examples in the back.

<Seawaffle> some of us don't quite have the book to consult

  • tragicsmile should droop by the office to check if he has the book already

<Razzen> My apologies, I thought you did.

<tragicsmile> waffle: just go to this page http://www.earthlypursuits.com/FlwrsPer/FlwrName.htm#A.*

<Seawaffle> guuuuh

<tragicsmile> then search for a meaning you want and then go with the flower for that

<Seawaffle> I'm not good with the meanings though ;;

<Hollyhock God> You just have to have two flowers.

<Hollyhock God> One represents yourself, and the other is for your Estate.

<Razzen> Well, what's your character like?

<Seawaffle> I am cranky and old

<tragicsmile> oh, was that supposed to be what it was about? mine is wrong, then

<tragicsmile> though I guess the smooth pearl and the grasping narcissus also represents my estate

<Seawaffle> hrm

<Seawaffle> just two flowers?

<Hollyhock God> Traditionally Nobles just use two.

<tragicsmile> I was pleasantly suprised with the 11 tricks you gave my basset hound, by the way :p

<Seawaffle> ok, I choose rose acacia and pyramidal bellflower then

<Seawaffle> done and done

<Hollyhock God> I thought I should think of something to say.

<Hollyhock God> And you should find some way of arranging them.

<Seawaffle> poo

<Hollyhock God> You're with the Light, so your backbround is grey with raindrops.

<Seawaffle> I just want them crossing

<Seawaffle> simple~

<Seawaffle> no need for complicating things too much, and I think my character would think the same

<Hollyhock God> Okay.

<Razzen> Why don't you have them entwine to make some geometric shape?

<Hollyhock God> A *triangle*

<Hollyhock God> Or a tilde

<Seawaffle> haha

<Seawaffle> well, you usually need more than two lines to make things

<Hollyhock God> So a tilde would be easy.

<Hollyhock God> Or the infinity sign?

<Seawaffle> crossed can be a 2d coordinate plane, mathy enough

<Hollyhock God> Okay, I'll log both those Designs later.

<Seawaffle> ok~

<Hollyhock God> Let me go see if the oven is done preheating.

<Razzen> Sure, with the raindrop background making it look like coordinates.

<Seawaffle> thinking tso isn't really going to show

<Razzen> Or something.

<Hollyhock God> That's a little bit annoying, because I know he knows about the meeting, and has done.

<Razzen> BTW mine is a scroll with a white periwinkle as its opened seal,

symbolizing Memory, and an open yellow bayberry that forms a quill pen, symbolizing himself.

<Hollyhock God> I think I already have yours.

<Seawaffle> teehee, math fiction involving the rose acacia: http://math.cofc.edu/faculty/kasman/MATHFICT/mfview.php?callnumber=mf8

<Razzen> Neat.

<Razzen> Well, we have five people here.

<Seawaffle> but bfp needs tso for story

<Hollyhock God> I can only improvise so much here.

<Seawaffle> I say we reschedule

<Elias> tomorrow night?

<Seawaffle> I know how it is when your players don't show, it fucks everything up

<Razzen> It's not like we know that it will be any more likely he'll be here tomorrow night than tonight.

<tragicsmile> at least when you know them IRL and they live close by, you can hunt them down ;_;

<Hollyhock God> Tomorrow should be good if he say's he'll come.

<Hollyhock God> We can at least plan to meet them.

<tragicsmile> and IIRC he said that tomorrow night is family night, so he might not be present

<Hollyhock God> *then

<Seawaffle> guuuuuu

<tragicsmile> though tomorrow night is fine by me

<Hollyhock God> We'll just have to hope.

* Piccione [n=moc.loa.tpi.94B7CACA|offaw#moc.loa.tpi.94B7CACA|offaw] Quit

<tragicsmile> does AIM or so have a chatroom function? I might not be able to get on IRC when I'm in my new job

** SimounElias [n=ude.eudrup.tenser.490-a-ptlh|mscigart#ude.eudrup.tenser.490-a-ptlh|mscigart] left #forum-nobilis []

<Razzen> Well poo.

<Seawaffle> tragicsmile: you could use trillian?

<tragicsmile> I'll be working in the computer labs, but I don't think I'll have admin access to install stuff

<Seawaffle> cgiirc

<tragicsmile> cgiirc?

<Razzen> Damn, the Seahawks game is at 5:30 tomorrow.

<Seawaffle> yeah, use arcu's thingie

<tragicsmile> arcu's thingie?

<Hollyhock God> Thingie?

<Seawaffle> guh

<tragicsmile> I hate it when they haven't assigned me a lab yet - I'm not sure if I'll be on a PC or a mac

<Seawaffle> arcu has a page on which you can access irc via web browser

<Seawaffle> I forget the link

<Seawaffle> but someone in f-m should know

<tragicsmile> i'll just ask then, then

<Razzen> Well, I have to watch the game, so I probably won't be here until it's over.

<Seawaffle> you could do both at the same time?

<Razzen> I guess. :/

<Seawaffle> I assume we plan on meeting at 9?

<Razzen> That's been the regular time.

<Hollyhock God> 9 should be fine.

  • HollyhockGod is now known as BFP

<BFP> Sorry, guys.

<Duty> a little earlier or a little later would be better for me… but if me taking a short break for dinner midway won't screw up the whole thing, it's fine

<Seawaffle> no problem, nothing you could do~

<BFP> Yeah, I know.

<Seawaffle> earliest I can be on is 8, and that's pushing it

  • |7hs| family eats variously from 6 to 7:30

<Seawaffle> 8 est

<Duty> pst

<BFP> Nine or a little after is okay.

<Duty> we don't take more then 20 minutes usually

<tragicsmile> i have no other obligations as long as I finish my homework before then

<tragicsmile> which should be no problem

<Razzen> Well, I won't be able to give my undivided attention, especially not if I'm on the phone with people back in Seattle, but I'll make it work.

<BFP> That should be okay, as long as TSO shows up this time.

<BFP> This is the guy who had to have his character made for him.

<Razzen> Not a good sign.

<Seawaffle> he seems to be a tad…unreliable

<BFP> Well, we can hope for the best.

<tragicsmile> sigh

  • |7hs| bbls… might as well eat with the others

** tragicsmile is now known as tragic|LOD

<Emma Graves-Margery> ~

<Seawaffle> fuck

<Seawaffle> you are here now?

<TheStupidOne> sorry

<TheStupidOne> had forced overtime at work

<BFP> Hey!

<BFP> Are we all still here then?

<Seawaffle> tragic is playing diablo now

<Seawaffle> duty is eating

<BFP> Well, hopefully they'll be back.

<BFP> At least everyone did show up. :)

<Razzen> Well it's a good thing I didn't close my connection like I was going to.

<BFP> Once everybody drops back in we can start, then.

<BFP> My muffins are all gooey in the middle.

<Duty> :o

<Seawaffle> :O

<Duty> i return

<Seawaffle> now we need tragic

<BFP> Tragic|LOD Where Are You?

<BFP> New TV series for Saturday morning.

  • |7hs| slaps tragic|LOD around a bit with a large trout

<tragic|LOD> oh!

<tragic|LOD> sorry

<tragic|LOD> be right there

*** tragic|LOD is now known as tragicsmile

<BFP> All right then!

<tragicsmile> I was doing baal runs in d2 :/

<Seawaffle> I'm not going to bother opening up a new client again

<BFP> Hollyhock powers, activate!

<tragicsmile> lemme connect with simoun~

<Duty> only an hour late… not too awful

** BFP is now known as HollyhockGod

<Emma Graves-Margery> I am here

<TheStupidOne> or am I here?

*** Elias_ [n=ude.eudrup.tenser.490-a-ptlh|mscigart#ude.eudrup.tenser.490-a-ptlh|mscigart] joined #forum-nobilis

<Hollyhock God> I have the power!

*** Elias_ is now known as Simoun_Elias

<Seawaffle> oh, hell, might as well

<Duty> TheStupidOne: i sent you a message using unix mail, lol

<TheStupidOne> on himeko?

<TheStupidOne> lol

<Duty> yeah

<Hollyhock God> All right, as soon as everyone's ready.

<Wilgelm> \o

* Piccione [n=moc.loa.tpi.94B7CACA|offaw#moc.loa.tpi.94B7CACA|offaw] joined #forum-nobilis - Clone: Seawaffle

<Razzen> Yup.

<Simoun_Elia> I am ready.

<Seawaffle> yeah

<Hollyhock God> Duty, are you familiar with everything that went on last week?

<Wilgelm> I hope so, I read over the log

<Seawaffle> duty technically _shouldn't_ since his char wasn't there

<Hollyhock God> Even so, it's simpler than you all explaining in IC.

<Hollyhock God> Unless you *want* to.

<Seawaffle> I suppose not

<TheStupidOne> umm

<TheStupidOne> which user did you send it to duty?

<Hollyhock God> Then I guess this week we start with the Rite of Rescue for Wilgelm.

<Duty> anthony

<TheStupidOne> not there

  • |7hs| shrugs

<Duty> what page are rites on

<Hollyhock God> All that that requires is that each member of Tildegran's Familia give Wilgelm the Flowers on their indvidual Designs.

<Hollyhock God> 126

<Duty> oh ok

<Hollyhock God> If anybody wants to say a few words…

<Seawaffle> well, I'm not too pleased about the whole thing, so I'm not saying anything~

<Hollyhock God> You just give him your flowers?

<Hollyhock God> And why are you displeased in particular?

<Seawaffle> well, he's new, it's changing the chancel

<Seawaffle> I'm not going to like that

<Seawaffle> especially if he's like this new communication girl

<Hollyhock God> A bit, I guess, but he's not terribly dynamic. Up to you.

<Hollyhock God> You do know him already.

<Seawaffle> oh

<Seawaffle> hrm

<Razzen> Well, I'll be the diplomat then.

<Simoun_Elia> To a hopefully eventful tenure :/

<Duty> yeah

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Titus Cornelius Naro, Dominus Memoriae, at your service.

<Seawaffle> are we technically supposed to say anything?

<Hollyhock God> If that's all for the ceremony, you have the tea party invitation to discuss.

<Hollyhock God> I assume you plan to attend?

<Emma Graves-Margery> I do

<Seawaffle> well, I suppose we should all attend

<Seawaffle> don't want to piss off some crazy noble

<Simoun_Elia> To do otherwise would be a disservice to our fine host

<Hollyhock God> You haven't heard of her being crazy.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> They are quite the memorable affairs.

<Hollyhock God> Just crazy particular.

<Seawaffle> she killed some dude, that's pretty crazy, no?

<Wilgelm> Same, although I'm a touch surprised to have been invited already

<Hollyhock God> She killed a full Excrucian.

<Hollyhock God> That is somewhat remarkable.

<Seawaffle> thought she killed a noble too…

<Hollyhock God> A full Excrucian is about as powerful as an Imperator.

<Simoun_Elia> You are the very reason we were invited, Mr. Drevidnovich :/

<Hollyhock God> No, I don't think so.

  • Simoun_Elias is now known as SimounElias

<tragicsmile> now that's less clunky :3

<Hollyhock God> No Nobles killed by her that you know of.

<Hollyhock God> She's known to like gardening, and birds.

<Hollyhock God> Anyway, her Familia's Chancel is about four hours away.

<Elias> odd preoccupations for the mistress of cold

<Bernardo> hrm. well, this whole tea party nonsense is troublesome, but i suppose we all should be there

<Hollyhock God> You could be driven if you like.

<Wilgelm> Ah, perhaps a woman I can get along with then.

<Seawaffle> definitely want to look presentable, I assume

<Emma Graves-Margery> of course

<Hollyhock God> Yes, anything in particular you plan to do to prepare?

<Elias> Etiquette dictates at least a business suit

<Wilgelm> Cold isn't something I'm terribly fond of, but quite necessary to the cycle of nature; kills off the old stagnant growth.

<Wilgelm> I'll probably have to borrow a suit.

<Hollyhock God> I suppose Wilgelm has a salary now.

<Hollyhock God> Presumably the Chancel will retcon him a job and a home.

<Hollyhock God> And some savings.

<Razzen> Titus wears a Baroque-styled suit and a wide-brimmed hat.

<Hollyhock God> What kind of wide-brimmed hat? A top hat?

<Razzen> Fedora

<Seawaffle> I'm just in a nondescript business suit, with my cane~

<Razzen> He's very old-school.

<Hollyhock God> What about Emma?

<Hollyhock God> This is your first meeting with Nobles outside your Familia.

  • EmmaGraves is busy getting dressed

<Wilgelm> Or buy one. If I'm to become a professor in the future, I should be prepared to dress appropriately for that as well.

<Razzen> How much time to we have BTW?

<Hollyhock God> You can assume that the invitation is for tomorrow if you like.

<Hollyhock God> So you have as much time as you need to prep.

<Wilgelm> I'll purchase whatever's fashionable, although I might opt for a floral-print tie.

<Elias> how cold is it there?

<Hollyhock God> I don't think it's cold at all.

<Hollyhock God> The Powers of Heat and Cold both live there.

<Hollyhock God> It's pretty temperate.

<Hollyhock God> Walking-on-Blades is Ymera of Heat, Cold, Books, and Oceans.

<Razzen> Well then, I will do two things: tell Calla to look after things here, and ask Wilgelm if he will recount to me any of his history so that I can add it to my Familia history.

<Seawaffle> we do all have anchors on campus, no?

<Hollyhock God> I assume that acquaints you with everything on his character sheet.

<Hollyhock God> I think some of you have Anchors here.

<Hollyhock God> Not Emma, though.

<Razzen> It's up to Duty really.

  • Wilgelm does not either

<Hollyhock God> You both could eventually make one.

<Wilgelm> Yes, I don't see any reason to hold back.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Thank you. After all, what kind of historian would I be if I didn't keep track of our genealogy?

<Hollyhock God> All right.

<Hollyhock God> Titus, your cell is ringing.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Ahoy-hoy?

<Hollyhock God> It's Rosa D'Addio, the Cammoran agent who handles your Familia.

<Elias> I feed Medusa, tell Janina to keep me informed of any developments, and wear a navy suit, white long-sleeved shirt, and black silk tie

<Wilgelm> As I was on the other side of the world from them when my former Familia was destroyed, I know nothing of that, except a terrible sense of loss felt at the moment it happened (or whatever's standard procedure.)

<Duty> Excuse my slow typing

<Titus Cornelius Naro> What may I do for you?

<Hollyhock God> She called to congratulate you on acquiring a new Sibling.

<Hollyhock God> She's as oily as ever: "Darling, I hear you've landed some new personnel!"

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Indeed we have, thank you.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> So really, what may I do for you?

<Hollyhock God> "Oh, I simply wanted to give you my congratulations, darling!"

<Hollyhock God> "And to tell you I'll be dropping in soon to visit."

<Hollyhock God> "I might even bring cake."

<Titus Cornelius Naro> I see. At what point may we expect your visit?

  • SimounElias watches Medusa's ears perk up at the mention of the word "cake"

<Emma Graves-Margery> cake~

<Hollyhock God> "Oh, whenever, darling. I'll be in the area all week. Ciao!"

<Hollyhock God> She hung up.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> We should keep our eyes open for Rosa, she'll be coming to check up on Wilgelm this week.

<Elias> agreed

<Hollyhock God> She's always seemed a little flaky, but she's Cammorra, so it can't be real.

<Bernardo> hrm, the cammorra always make me a little too edgy

<Hollyhock God> In any case, I assume you depart for Locus Blades the following day?

<Seawaffle> yup

<Hollyhock God> Do we ever find out what Emma is wearing?

<Seawaffle> hoop skirt

<Razzen> Miniskirt.

<Seawaffle> hot

<Elias> she needs to be dressed nicely, remember

<Emma Graves-Margery> fuck hoopskirts

<Seawaffle> nothing at all

<TheStupidOne> hawt

<Hollyhock God> I vote for red leather.

<Seawaffle> lol barbarian

<Razzen> Red Sonya.

<Hollyhock God> More Emma Peel.

<Emma Graves-Margery>

<Seawaffle> bah

<Razzen> Much better.

<Emma Graves-Margery> I think I'll dress conservatively =P

<Seawaffle> I think emily post would suggest a hoop skirt

<Hollyhock God> Perhaps something virginal in white?

<Seawaffle> o_O

<Elias> just go on some website and get a nice dress~

<Emma Graves-Margery> I took that as vaginal

<Emma Graves-Margery>

<Seawaffle> teehee

<Seawaffle> that would be more pink, no?

<Elias> or do I have to do it for you? :/

<Emma Graves-Margery> =P

<Emma Graves-Margery> I think I'll wear a nice white summer dress

<Hollyhock God> There are plenty of clothing stores around town that would be appropriate.

<Emma Graves-Margery> not too heavy

<Hollyhock God> All right, if clothing is no longer an issue…

<Hollyhock God> You have to decide who's going to drive.

<TheStupidOne> you guys are trying your hardest to make me gay D:

<Elias> you're the one who didn't make a guy character :p

<Seawaffle> snap

<Elias> back in character: I guess I can

<Duty> Just metrosexual.

<Hollyhock God> Or do you employ a driver.

<Hollyhock God> ?

<Titus Cornelius Naro> You don't want either Piccione or I to drive, that's for sure.

<Seawaffle> we're old men, and are frightening behind the wheel

<Elias> As long as you can stand the driving of a southeast asian, I believe my services will be appropriate

<Razzen> That's almost as bad. ;)

<Elias> unless Mr. Piccione wants to have his secretaries drive us?

<tragicsmile> XD

<Razzen> Or an Anchor?

<Bernardo> ahh, the secretarial pool

<Emma Graves-Margery> I can drive~

<Hollyhock God> It's four hours from here to Locus Blades.

<Emma Graves-Margery> unless I drive too fast for you old men

<Emma Graves-Margery> =P

<Bernardo> damned youngster

<Hollyhock God> I feel a hair flip accompanying that remark.

<Duty> would your sorts stand to see a woman drive?

<Elias> Easy, we want them to be conscious and breathing when we get there.

<Duty> or not quite that hidebound

<Hollyhock God> So Simoun does the driving.

<Seawaffle> yeah, simoun drives

<Hollyhock God> All right, the journey is basically uneventful, except you can't agree on what music to listen to.

<Hollyhock God> And someone forgot to stock the minibar.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Curses!

<Bernardo> schoenberg, damnit, we shall listen to schoenberg

<Emma Graves-Margery> or did they…

  • EmmaGraves is slightly tipsy
  • Wilgelm doesn't like cars, but can hardly complain. No better way to get there.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Nein, Wagner!

  • SimounElias chuckles silently and focuses on the road and making sure it has enough traction

<Bernardo> enough of your pompous bombast

  • EmmaGraves hums some random pop tune

<Hollyhock God> The entrance to Locus Blades that you were told of is in a secluded valley west of Berlin.

<Hollyhock God> I presume you use the Rite of Passage?

<Elias> I keep my eyes open for it; don't want to get lost

  • tragicsmile looks up rite of passage

<Hollyhock God> You just need to look for it through a broken bottle.

<Hollyhock God> That will show you the road that will lead you in.

<tragicsmile> curse my unfamiliarity with the rules

<Hollyhock God> It's page 124.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Berlin has changed since I lived here.

<Hollyhock God> Changed for the better, or the worse?

<Seawaffle> well, unfortunately our minibar is empty, so no bottles…

  • EmmaGraves found a bottle

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Better in some ways, worse in others.

<Bernardo> wonder where you were keeping that, woman —

  • EmmaGraves hiccups

<Titus Cornelius Naro> That's where.

<Bernardo> hmmph

<Hollyhock God> You can spot the road through what is technically a piece of broken crystal.

<Elias> someone will have to direct me

<Elias> or I will make a not-so-discreet crack in our perfectly fine windshield.

<Hollyhock God> Simoun needs to drive the car in a triangular pattern through the center of the field.

<Razzen> I would Preserve his memory, but that won't work on him.

<Elias> I do so carefully, not wanting to slip up

<Elias> undoubtedly our hosts are observing us even as we approach

  • Wilgelm idly wonders if his domain over wood includes gin.

<Wilgelm> Juniper berries y'know.

  • EmmaGraves would like more gin…

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Wood alcohol perhaps?

<Hollyhock God> All right, as you complete the pattern, you pass through the veil surrounding the Chancel.

<Bernardo> i'm thinking that tipsyness may not be the most endearing quality at a tea party

<Hollyhock God> There's a slight flipping noise as the sky ahead turns red.

<Hollyhock God> Aspect miracle to process the alcohol out of your system?

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Nonsense, it's the only way to endure such things.

<Emma Graves-Margery> oh hush… you're just boring

<Wilgelm> That would require Emma's cooperation.

<Bernardo> forgive me for trying not to make an enemy of an amazingly powerful noble

<Wilgelm> No one ever wants to become sober.

<Hollyhock God> The air is filled with smoke and steam along the road ahead, which is lined with what seems to be an army base.

<Emma Graves-Margery> I'm not drunk… I'm just relaxed

<Razzen> Has Titus ever encountered her before?

<tragicsmile> i can't use my powers to make the idea slip past emma's defenses, no?

<Hollyhock God> Factories are giving off smoke on both sides, and soldiers are patrolling.

<tragicsmile> the idea of soberness, that is

<Hollyhock God> No, and no.

<tragicsmile> gotcha

<Razzen> Okay. Did my predecessor?

<tragicsmile> powers can't affect a noble directly~

<Hollyhock God> Maybe. At any rate, you know her by reputation.

<Hollyhock God> Maybe you saw her once across a crowded room?

<Elias> I make sure I know where to go and proceed accordingly

  • Wilgelm really doesn't like this place. At least you can't smell the smoke from within the car. Much.

<Emma Graves-Margery> ooooh.. structures and technology

<Hollyhock God> You pass a bunch of roughnecks playing football quite close to the car.

<Emma Graves-Margery> I bet they have a well coordinated supply line

<Hollyhock God> They're all pretty big.

<Razzen> Mortals?

<Hollyhock God> And apparently they don't play touch tackle.

<Hollyhock God> Sight registers them as mortal.

<Hollyhock God> Anyway, after about ten minute's travel through this war zone, you come to a large wall.

<Hollyhock God> Through the one gate that you can see, the sky is blue, and there is an ocean visible in the distance.

<Elias> I presume this is our destination.

<Hollyhock God> Once you pass through, it's as if you are in another Chancel altogether.

<Emma Graves-Margery> ocean~

<Hollyhock God> It resembles a small mountain valley overlooking the sea, verdant and pure.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Such strange dichotomy. I wonder how they manage this.

<Wilgelm> This is more like it.

<Hollyhock God> A fairy-tale castle is waiting for you at the lowest point, just at the beach.

<Elias> So that was the territory of Van Olivera? Intriguing. I did not think that the feud between the two was this serious

<Elias> Or do they just like to keep a distinction between work and play?

<Hollyhock God> The only way to know is to meet them in person.

<tragicsmile> I was saying that aloud to the other occupants of the car, btw

<tragicsmile> sorry

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Either way, you must be enjoying the sight of it Simoun.

<Elias> indeed I am :)

<Hollyhock God> Salty goodness.

<Emma Graves-Margery> bleh

<Emma Graves-Margery> no technology in sight

<Emma Graves-Margery> such a backwater Chancel

<Hollyhock God> Anyway, you pull up before the main stairway leading into the castle.

<Hollyhock God> There is a red carpet laid out for you.

<Bernardo> i'd keep such talk to yourself, woman

<Elias> Should I let them off there and proceed to find an available parking space, or is there one readily available/a valet?

<Hollyhock God> I don't think anyone else is expected.

<Hollyhock God> You can probably just leave it there.

<Elias> All right, though it would be an inconvenience to anyone else coming in

<Wilgelm> There is communication of all sorts going on in nature, but evidently it's beyond your grasp.

<Hollyhock God> The thing to remember about Noble ettiquette is that both parties are technically deserving of respect beyond that accorded to any mortal potentate.

<Hollyhock God> In any case, as you stop at the gate, a horde of liveried servants pour out down both sides of the staircase to open the limo doors for you.

<Elias> Charming. ~

<Hollyhock God> You are gestured down a long hall, decked with all kinds of portraits and tapestries.

<Razzen> Anything notable?

  • EmmaGraves yawns

<Elias> Anything particularly intersting about the portraits?

  • Piccione elbows emma in the ribs

<Hollyhock God> They all seem to show four different people.

<Emma Graves-Margery> ow ;_;

<Hollyhock God> Presumably the local powers.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> How modest.

<Hollyhock God> Lady Katarina is evidently a handsome woman who looks about eighty.

<Hollyhock God> Well, they don't have ancestors as such.

<Razzen> Really? They're the original Powers of this Imperator?

<Bernardo> that's pretty notable

<Hollyhock God> The other three seem to be a young boy, a beautiful Asian woman, and a

Hispanic gentleman with no shirt.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> I would say so.

<Elias> the composition of the portraits are noteworthy

<Emma Graves-Margery> hot

<Hollyhock God> Powers can live a long time if they don't get killed.

<Hollyhock God> Yes, he is rather.

<Hollyhock God> You could count every muscle off on an anatomical chart if you cared to.

<Hollyhock God> Do you care to?

<Emma Graves-Margery> later

<Hollyhock God> All right.

<Hollyhock God> Eventually, the cooridor ends at a large pair of double doors.

  • Wilgelm knows them already. Studied medicine before he turned to botany.

<Hollyhock God> As you stop before them, they slowly open, revealing…

<Hollyhock God> A short bathroom break.

<Emma Graves-Margery> weak

<Duty> Masterful.

<Seawaffle> revealing… an old woman taking a short bathroom break

<Razzen> How revealing.


<Seawaffle> ahh, etiquette

<Emma Graves-Margery> I see you passed english with flying colors =P

<tragicsmile> XD

<Seawaffle> "tea?"

<Emma Graves-Margery> Guess only us brits have mastered the fine art of communication

<Seawaffle> note that I'm on my ooc name~

<Emma Graves-Margery> I'm too lazy to swap

<Emma Graves-Margery> we're not doing anything

<Hollyhock God> Also, there is the elderly woman sitting on a divan.

<Hollyhock God> Her hair is hydrangea blue.

<Hollyhock God> She's wearing a dress with a sort of icicle fringe.

<Hollyhock God> I can't describe it very well, but it's very clear in my head.

  • SimounElias bows respectfully
  • TitusCornel does the same

<Hollyhock God> In any case, she rises to curtsy, and says "I am so glad to meet you at last."

  • Piccione bows as well

<Hollyhock God> She comes over to you first, Titus.

<Elias> It is a pleasure to meet you, my lady

- * EmmaGraves gives a rather unenthusiastic curtsey

<tragicsmile> >_< I should wait for you to finish talking first, BFP :p

<Hollyhock God> “I have heard so much about many of you, and I'm sure it wasn't nearly enough.”

<Titus Cornelius Naro> As are we, my dear lady.

<Hollyhock God> My Siblings will be joining us shortly. Can I interest you in a canape?

<Emma Graves-Margery> You have such an interesting chancel my lady

<Titus Cornelius Naro> The deeds of you and your Chancel are truly memorable.

<Hollyhock God> Yes, the decor is not entirely to my liking in… some places.

<Hollyhock God> But I do my humble best to keep things here pleasant.

<Elias> that would be most pleasant, my lady

<Hollyhock God> As a girl I was born in a place much like this.

<Razzen> Er, he meant Familia, not Chancel there.

<Hollyhock God> But that was some time ago, of course.

<Hollyhock God> -same thing

<Hollyhock God> And I must also greet my new cousin in Nobility.

<Hollyhock God> Your name is Emma, is it not?

<Emma Graves-Margery> Why yes

<Hollyhock God> The last Noble of Communication was an example to us all.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Indeed he was, my lady.

<Hollyhock God> I trust that you will be equally radiant in your own fashion.

<Emma Graves-Margery> I hope to follow in his footsteps well

<Hollyhock God> Please, sit down, everyone.

<Hollyhock God> I have something I hope to tell you before my Siblings arrive.

<Hollyhock God> She motions you to the table in the adjoining room.

<Hollyhock God> There's a sideboard over by the side.

<Hollyhock God> She seems to have ordered an awful lot of scones.

<Razzen> All right.

<Hollyhock God> And clotted cream.

<Hollyhock God> And strawberry jam.

<Hollyhock God> ooohsconessconesscones

<Hollyhock God> I'm sorry, I had a moment, there.

<Seawaffle> I've never had a scone

<Hollyhock God> I love scones.

<Emma Graves-Margery> mmmmm

<Hollyhock God> They are AWESOME.

  • Wilgelm is a bit puzzled as to why this woman summoned the Familia here to specifically meet him, yet seems disinterested- not displeased, though. He's spent much of the past century alone in his forests and is a bit rusty socially. He takes the offered seat.

<Hollyhock God> The waiters in the English restaurants were so surprised when I ate them in one bite.

  • Piccione sits as well

<Hollyhock God> Lady Katarina chooses this moment to address Wilgelm.

<Razzen> I'm more of a biscuit man.

<Katarina> I hope I may take the liberty of addressing you so informally, Wilgelm.

  • SimounElias sits down as well

<Katarina> I wish to offer my consolations for your unknowable loss.

  • EmmaGraves sits across from Lady Katarina

<Katarina> Our Ymera are a part of our very souls. What pain must be involved in losing that, the rest of us will hopefully never know.

  • Wilgelm neglected to bow earlier, and attempts to make amends with a polite nod.

<Katarina> However, grief is not the only thing that you must overcome.

<Katarina> I know that we have never met before.

<Katarina> However, some years ago, I read several of your books on wildlife.

<Wilgelm> Certainly, my lady… It was quite a shock, so do excuse me if I am a bit recalcitrant.

<Duty> (Adjust timing of speech as necessary)

<Katarina> You may know that I have some appreciation for plants, and I found your understanding, even before your rise to your Estate, to be exemplary.

<Katarina> Therefore, I feel a certain sense of debt to you, who once brought me some pleasure and respect.

<Katarina> And so I must tell all of you this in confidence.

  • Wilgelm , normally unexpressive, raises an eyebrow. "I am flattered, my Lady," he says. "Not many recognize me."

<Katarina> Oh, I keep an eye on everything that happens on this continent.

<Katarina> The reach of Winter, though inconstant, stretches everywhere.

<Katarina> But I digress.

<Katarina> As you know, a servent of Machael was officially appointed to the Inquistion to investigate the death of Wintersmith and his Nobles.

<Katarina> However, it has come to my attention that agents of Lord Entropy have been taking an unofficial interest in the matter as well.

  • EmmaGraves stops staring into space and suddenly becomes interested in the convo

<Katarina> Several creatures of human semblance have been asking about you, all across Europe.

<Katarina> I recognized them from descriptions as semblances of the type that the Darkest Lord has been known to employ.

<Katarina> Each of them has been very interested in you, Wilgelm- your past, your present, your secrets.

  • SimounElias frowns ever so slightly

<Bernardo> hmm

<Katarina> I do not know why, but it seems that Lord Entropy has some reason for wishing to connect you with guilt in these deaths.

<Katarina> Because of the bond that I feel, I choose not to believe that this can be true.

<Katarina> And I wish to give you a warning.

<Katarina> Lord Entropy has often taken it upon himself to remove Nobles or even Ymera who he divines may threaten his power.

<Katarina> If he wishes to destroy you, you must be wary of his spies.

<Katarina> He cannot reach for you directly, for whatever he touches he corrupts absolutely.

  • Wilgelm had opened his mouth to say something prior to the mention of Lord Entropy, but shut it again. "Admittedly, my absence must have seemed convenient…" he mutters, expression dark.

<Katarina> He must work through such intermediaries as the Locust Court and the Cammorra.

<Razzen> That explains Rosa's intended "visit" then.

<Katarina> I feel certain that his agents will attempt to become close to you, to infiltrate your home, if they have not already done so.

  • Piccione frowns at this

<Emma Graves-Margery> Not to be rude… but how would a puny power of wood be able to overthrow an entire chancel?

<Katarina> Unfortunately, I know nothing about how he may carry this out, or why.

<Katarina> Of course, child, one Power cannot stand against his Familia.

<Katarina> But he can betray them in more subtle ways, by parting the Chancel wards to allow an Excrucian free access.

<Katarina> By revealing their secrets…

<Katarina> Through the creation of dissension and strife.

<Wilgelm> Nor do I. I am not the type of Power who engages in projects or agendas.

<Katarina> If a Familia cannot stand together, being a single soul as it is, it is doomed.

<Wilgelm> And I have no reason to aid those who destroyed my former Imperator.

<Katarina> In any case, I hope that you will take care to defend yourself from unwanted scrutiny.

<Katarina> And with that out of the way, we may turn to more pleasant concerns.

<Katarina> Would anyone care for a biscuit?

<Titus Cornelius Naro> You may be certain that we shall, thank you Lady Katarina, this puts some things into perspective.

<Emma Graves-Margery> mmmm

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Danke.

<Emma Graves-Margery> I haven't had Scones since I left Cambridge

<Katarina> The great doors open once more to admit the other Powers of Locus Blades: Van, Miller, and Saeko.

  • SimounElias acknowledges them with a respectful nod
  • Wilgelm nods respectfully, much more attentive now. "I thank you most of all, my lady. It may come that I owe my existance to your timely warning."

<Hollyhock God> You recognize each of them from their portraits, although they are all in formal attire.

  • Piccione stands to acknowledge the other powers

<Hollyhock God> Okay, so once the formalities are dispensed with, you all take your seats to start on the scones.

  • TitusCornel also stands, bows to Katarina and thanks her, and goes to mingle with the others.

<Hollyhock God> Which means it's time for small talk.

  • SimounElias takes a scone, breaks off a small piece and butters it
  • EmmaGraves stands up and wanders around the room looking for that rather dashing hispanic man

<Hollyhock God> So, who's sitting next to who?

<Razzen> I think Titus will have much to discuss with the Power of Books.

<Hollyhock God> All right, and Emma goes for Van.

<Wilgelm> Likewise, I believe I could engage in an interesting discussion with Saeko about the life which swims within her Domain.

<Hollyhock God> Ah, Saeko is happy to talk about her work.

<Hollyhock God> She breeds new life forms within the Chancel's ocean.

<Hollyhock God> She wants to know if you would like to come to see her latest project after tea.

<Bernardo> i suppose i'll chat with katarina for a bit

<Hollyhock God> She's smiling at you…

<tragicsmile> Simoun will probably have a word with the lady Morrieux after Piccione

<Hollyhock God> All right, then.

- * EmmaGraves is at a loss for words… and just stares at Van shyly

<Hollyhock God> Emma, Van seems *very* pleased to meet you.

<Seawaffle> haha

<Razzen> Hilarious

<Hollyhock God> He seems to be flexing his biceps under his suit.

<tragicsmile> >_< you're the noble of communication, goddamnit

<Razzen> Well, there are other ways to communicate you know.

<Wilgelm> I would be most honored. Are these life forms developed for introduction into the Ash-Tree Earth, or merely for the sake of science?

<tragicsmile> very true

<Hollyhock God> Saeko tells you that she plans to cause her creations to evolve on a large-scale within Earth proper once her designs are complete.

<Hollyhock God> Emma, Van starts talking about his work in the outer Chancel.

<Hollyhock God> He's the commander of Walking-on-Blades armies.

<Emma Graves-Margery> oooh

<Emma Graves-Margery> how do you coordinate such a massive force?

<Emma Graves-Margery> it must require such logistical planning to maintain it

<Hollyhock God> His duty is to train soldiers to fight against the Excrucians, and to create mechanical weapons as well.

<Hollyhock God> "Well", he tells you, "It is not so different from any other arrmy.

<Wilgelm> That is always best. We don't want to present our mortal scientists with another evolutionary conundrum- they have quite enough already, I am sure.

<Hollyhock God> "We maintain the chain of command, with me at the top, filtering down just like any other force."

<Hollyhock God> "Discipline transcends the gap between mortal and immortal."

<Hollyhock God> Wilgelm, Saeko tells you "I confess I sometimes like to tease them a bit."

<Emma Graves-Margery> do you coordinate with other mortal armies in the area, or work alone?

<Hollyhock God> "Do you remember when the coelacanth was discovered, after it was supposedly extinct?"

<Hollyhock God> "That was me."

<tragicsmile> XD

<Titus Cornelius Naro> So what authors have you been reading lately, Miller?

<Hollyhock God> Van tells Emma, "Of course, we maintain our secrecy, although other Powers keep armies of their own."

  • tragicsmile waits for waffle to finish his conversation

<Hollyhock God> "I believe that mine, of course, is the best-trained."

  • Wilgelm smiles wryly. "Well, it wouldn't do to make their lives uninteresting


<Seawaffle> oh, I'll finish up and wander off for more scone action

<Hollyhock God> Miller starts telling Titus about his recent list of authors. It could take awhile.

<Hollyhock God> Apparently he's been trying to improve the quality of romance novels.

- * EmmaGraves idly stares

<tragicsmile> ooc: good luck with that

<Hollyhock God> If he can rescue the genre, it will greatly increase his own strength and Estate.

  • TitusCornel will have to feign interest then, that's not his favorite subject.

<tragicsmile> by the way, it is now spring in game time?

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Ah, well that is a Noble cause.

<Hollyhock God> Well, he seems to want to increase the historical aspect of the works, rather than focusing on 'throbbing manhoods'.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> If you can return it to the days of Austen and the Bronte sisters then you shall have done very well.

<Hollyhock God> You can hear the quotation marks in his voice as he says the phrase.

<Hollyhock God> Bernardo, Simoun, Lady Katarina is pretending to be too modest to talk about her defeat of the Excrucian.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> We never needed to hear about Heathcliff's, um, manhood.

<Hollyhock God> But it's totally an act.

<Seawaffle> ha

<Hollyhock God> Miller: "Heathcliff would disagree with that. He's always saying so."

  • TheStupidOn yawns quietly

<TheStupidOne> oops

- * EmmaGraves yawns quietly

<Titus Cornelius Naro> He would, wouldn't he?

<Elias> "Oh, do tell, madam. We can all learn from the skill you displayed in manipulating your element."

<Hollyhock God> Van offers to show Emma his latest fighting mech.

  • EmmaGraves eagerly follows

<Hollyhock God> He plans to go toe to toe with it this afternoon.

<Hollyhock God> Wilgelm, are you going off with Saeko?

<Titus Cornelius Naro> What does Cathy say in response?

<Hollyhock God> Miller: "

<Elias> "And by the way, I must commend you for the beautiful snowfall this past winter - nothing draws the eye more than pure white."

<Wilgelm> Yes, I am

<Hollyhock God> She encourages him terribly. He's even vainer than ever."

<Hollyhock God> Lady K: Of course, with the roses down for the winter, I always have plenty of time to pay attention to detail."

<Hollyhock God> She pulls the water decanter over to her.

<Hollyhock God> She starts animating pieces of ice into sculptures of herself and the Excrucian, and begins acting out her victory.

<tragicsmile> nice

<Seawaffle> fancy

<Hollyhock God> Wilgelm, Saeko walks out with you out onto the dock, a long way out over the ocean.

<Hollyhock God> She asks if you can swim.

<tragicsmile> this is the defeat of the strategist you outlined in the social register, no?

<Hollyhock God> Yes, that's right.

<tragicsmile> brb bathroom break

<Hollyhock God> "Can you swim, Wilgelm?"

<tragicsmile> back~

<Wilgelm> I could while mortal, but it has been a long time. I have never tried with this body.

<Hollyhock God> She grins at you, and falls apart.

<Hollyhock God> Her body dissolves into water, and she slides between the planks, leaving her gown behind.

<Hollyhock God> It happens so fast you might almost miss it.

<Hollyhock God> Did I mention the gown? It was a really nice purple thing.

<Hollyhock God> With embroidered whales.

<Hollyhock God> So what do you do?

<Razzen> Wood does float you know.

<Hollyhock God> Aspect 4 will let you swim either way.

<Wilgelm> Good question.

  • EmmaGraves giggles like a little schoolgirl as she examines the mech's unusual pilot interfaces

<Seawaffle> o_O

<Hollyhock God> Yes, Emma is led by Van down a tunnel leading to the outer Chancel.

<Emma Graves-Margery> such craftsmanship

<Hollyhock God> I think you ride some kind of subway thing.

<Emma Graves-Margery> such intricate electronics

<Hollyhock God> It's like FFVI.

<Wilgelm> I suppose I kneel and dip my hand into the water. Per swimming, I was more concerned about whether my joint movements would lend themselves well to propulsion.

<Wilgelm> If you recall, they're rather slow and jerky.

<Hollyhock God> A hand made of water reaches out and pulls you in.

<Hollyhock God> Unless you resist?

<Hollyhock God> Lady Katarina is just getting to the good part of her story.

  • SimounElias nods intently and takes note of the detail and intricacy of the sculptures she uses to illustrate her tale

<Razzen> I imagine we're covering the fine points of 19th century Romance authors.

<tragicsmile> I can use them to torture my design students with obscenely exacting projects in the winter break :3

<Wilgelm> There goes an expensive suit. But it's not like I'd choose my money over the lady's sensibilities.

<Hollyhock God> Having tracked down the Excrucian, she had Saeko create clouds from her ocean waters and sent them over the mountain where the Excrucian was laired.

<Hollyhock God> Yes, Titus, apparently Miller is trying to move classic characters into new novels so as to jumpstart the plots.

<Wilgelm> Unless she thoughtfully supercavitates me or something.

<Hollyhock God> Wilgelm graciously falls head over heels into the drink.

<Elias> "Bringing your element to the battlefield, and thus controlling the territory. A very fine move. "

<Hollyhock God> Emma, Van thoughtfully carries you up a ladder into a giant arena.

<Emma Graves-Margery> I assume this is where you test your wonderful machines?

<Hollyhock God> He shows you the prototype of his new D.E.L.T. model fighting exoskeleton.

<Wilgelm> Haven't had this much fun since Christmas on Bering Island.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> You may want to be subtle about any parallels to the classics though, the critics can be harsh if they smell a retread.

<Hollyhock God> The design should be able to amplify a mortal human's strength, speed, and brainpower by fivefold.

<Emma Graves-Margery> does it actually read a person's thoughts and act accordingly?

<Hollyhock God> Wilgelm, you aren't sure where Saeko is, but you seem to be surrounded by creatures circling underwater.

<Hollyhock God> Van: "Yes, the current models work by direct flexible spinal tap, although of course we will eventually have a less… surgical interface.

<Emma Graves-Margery> I must study some of your neural interface work for my research

<Hollyhock God> The mech resembles a smooth classical statue, although built to a very large scale.

<Hollyhock God> "Ah, lady, you must let me keep some secrets. Although I feel sure that your assistance would greatly assist in our little project."

<Hollyhock God> Wilgelm, all of a sudden, a dozen dolphin heads surface around you, making the noise that dolphins make.

<Emma Graves-Margery> of course… you wouldn't want a lady to upstage your work~

  • EmmaGraves jests playfully

<Hollyhock God> "Ah, lady, I would never permit it without a fight."

<Hollyhock God> Back at the ranch, Lady Katarina has reached the top of the mountain.

<Wilgelm> I can't quite preserve my cool exterior through that.

<Hollyhock God> Saeko surfaces, laughing at your surprised face.

<Hollyhock God> Her watery head reflects light and is hard to focus on.

<Hollyhock God> She asks, "Do you like my latest model?"

<Hollyhock God> "I've just finished with this pod."

<Hollyhock God> Lady Katarina is being carried into the air by a troupe of blizzard spirits under her command.

<Hollyhock God> Titus, Miller offers to introduce you to Gandalf.

<tragicsmile> this is the sculpture of katarina or the actual person?

<Hollyhock God> This is in the story.

<Hollyhock God> Whether she's exaggerating or not is hard to say, but she's certainly enjoying herself.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Now THAT would be interesting.

<Hollyhock God> Van ushers his soldier into the prototype and begins the test.

<Hollyhock God> First, the mech chases Van around the arena, trying to keep pace with him.

<Wilgelm> "Quite." Wilhelm frowns faintly. "I must confess marine life was never a specialty of mine, although certainly an interest. Would you enlighten me as to the differences?" He studies the dolphins.

<Hollyhock God> Starting at fifteen mph, eventually working up to forty-five on foot before the machine seems to reach its limit.

<Hollyhock God> Saeko whistles.

<Hollyhock God> The dolphins form a circle and begin swimming at increasing speed.

<Hollyhock God> Eventually they leave the water altogether.

<Hollyhock God> Apparently they share some of the characteristics of flying fish.

<Emma Graves-Margery> how well does the machine respond? does it have any noticable delay between thoughts?

<Hollyhock God> Saeko says "One day, I'll teach them to sing like whales."

<Hollyhock God> The mech seems to take a little time to change directions, but it's still quicker than a human could normally react.

  • Wilgelm smiles. "That will certainly please the mortals."

<Hollyhock God> Eventually, the two of them start sparring.

<Hollyhock God> It takes forty-three seconds for Van to toss it across the stadium.

<Hollyhock God> Less than a second after the giant mech leaves his hand, he is by Emma's side again.

<Emma Graves-Margery> I see your "toys" still aren't quite up to the task of defending against anything not from the motral plane

<Hollyhock God> "This is a notable improvement, in truth."

<Emma Graves-Margery> mortal*

<Hollyhock God> "Of course, nothing could stand against myself alone, but an army can still be formidable with the proper support."

<Hollyhock God> "Each of my soldiers has been modified to hold some of my own strength."

<Hollyhock God> "These devices alter brain functioning to increase intelligence and reaction time."

<Emma Graves-Margery> any lasting damage to the mortal pilots through these modifications?

<Hollyhock God> "Ah, my men are nearly as tough as I am."

<Hollyhock God> "I would not care to ruin a good tool through carelessness."

<Emma Graves-Margery> of course

<Hollyhock God> Titus is almost out the door on his way to Middle-Earth when Lady Katarina suddenly exclaims,

<Hollyhock God> "Ah, but we are keeping you too long. I know you have an appointment."

<Razzen> Drat.

<Seawaffle> did we have an appointment?

<Seawaffle> I don't remember…

<Hollyhock God> "I believe that if you hurry home, Miss D'Addio will not be kept waiting."

<tragicsmile> !


- * EmmaGraves suddenly perks up

<Hollyhock God> "She should reach your Chancel around seven this evening."

<tragicsmile> she's awfully early

<Seawaffle> well, this is an awkward thing…

<Titus Cornelius Naro> You really are on top of things.

<Hollyhock God> "Trust me."

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Thank you for the notice, Lady Katarina.

<Hollyhock God> "The world is a dangerous place, Titus. We who are its keepers must be aware."

<Hollyhock God> "I shall summon my siblings back here."

<Elias> "Oh my. Well then, I am afraid we must take your leave. I am deeply thankful of your hospitality, Lady Morrieux."

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Indeed it is.

<Hollyhock God> She reaches out with her voice and calls you all back to the tea room.

<Hollyhock God> Apparently she has some Realm invested.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Miller, I suppose Arda shall have to wait for another time.

<Hollyhock God> Miller: "It will always be waiting.'

<Hollyhock God> Saeko bids Wilgelm farewell and swims away.

<Bernardo> this visit certainly has been a pleasure, lady katarina, we will have to do it again at some point

<Hollyhock God> Emma, Van picks you up and carries you back to the tea room in the blink of an eye.

<Emma Graves-Margery> weeeee~

<Wilgelm> I don't suppose she could do anything about my suit first?

<Hollyhock God> Lady Katarina gives him a dirty look as he whisks into the room.

<Bernardo> hrm

<Hollyhock God> The properties of the realm, or some miracle by Saeko, leave you dry a few moments after leaving the sea.

  • SimounElias keeps a poker face but is somewhat pleased by the conflict in the room

<Hollyhock God> Let's presume she just called the sea out of your suit.

<Wilgelm> Good, I'll return to the tea room without delay then.

<Hollyhock God> The Powers of Locus Blades bid you farewell. Any last words?

<Seawaffle> other than to thank them for the wonderful time, not really

<Emma Graves-Margery> I will learn your secrets on neural interfaces one day Van

<Emma Graves-Margery> just you wait!

<Elias> "We shall keep your warnings in mind, madam"

<Elias> "It would do us no good to not watch out for our new brother."

<Hollyhock God> All right then, so you make your way home?

<Seawaffle> yup

<tragicsmile> i've no complaints with that. I'm driving again, I presume

<Hollyhock God> All right, you make your way back to the University.

<Hollyhock God> B.U.T.

<Hollyhock God> About two hours out, you all recieve a jolt as the car begins to skid.

<Hollyhock God> What do you do?

<Razzen> Look out the window first.

<Seawaffle> well, simoun should be the one figuring out what's happening, friction boy that he is

<Elias> i try to divine what's wrong with the friction in the car

<Hollyhock God> Okay, Lesser Divination.

<Elias> and use a lesser change (should be 0 dmp due to my gift, no?) to keep traction

<Razzen> Your Domain is that high?

<tragicsmile> gift IIRC

<Hollyhock God> There's a considerable difference in the Friction pattern in one wheel compared to the other three.

<Hollyhock God> He has the Sovereign's Gift.

<Razzen> Nice.

<Wilgelm> I'll look out too. If we're in a woody area, I can perhaps do something should we run off the road.

<Hollyhock God> I guess you can use it to move friction and keep it moving forward.

<Hollyhock God> But if something is wrong, shouldn't it be fixed?

<Hollyhock God> Humans will notice if your car is running with only three tires.

<Elias> I pull over and take a look at the tire, I suppose

<Hollyhock God> You pull over to the side of the road.

<Hollyhock God> What side do Germans drive on?

<Elias> Wilgelm, do the trees tell us of anything amiss?

<Razzen> I think they drive on the right.

<tragicsmile> right IIRC

<Hollyhock God> Okay, you pull to the right and examine the front left tire, which is almost completely off the wheel.

<tragicsmile> by the way, increasing the friction between objects is lesser change or creation?

<Hollyhock God> It's studded through with purple gemstones piercing the rubber.

<Seawaffle> hmmm

<Seawaffle> crystal…

<Duty> is my domain 1 or 2?

<tragicsmile> same question for removing friction between objects - lesser change or destruction?

<Hollyhock God> 1

<Hollyhock God> Could be either.

<Razzen> Lucia, or her imposter

  • SimounElias frowns and turns tense with realizatioin

<Duty> Okay, guess I'll spend an MP to answer Simoun's question

<Hollyhock God> If you just destroy or create friction, that's one or the other.

<Elias> *realization

<tragicsmile> gotcha

<Hollyhock God> But you can perform simple adjustments with your gift.

<Hollyhock God> A simple divination reveals nothing.

<Duty> Oh yeah

<Hollyhock God> However, you soon recieve visual confirmation.

<Duty> Estate-driven divination

<Hollyhock God> A rain of crystal rocks begins falling on you from the sky, looking exceedingly sharp.

<Hollyhock God> Actions?

  • EmmaGraves crawls under the car

<Elias> I increase friction between the air and the crystals, slowing them drastically

<Seawaffle> hmm

<Hollyhock God> All right, the crystals begin to slow down just before reaching you, but they're still pretty sharp.

<Razzen> If I cause them to forget their tragectory is that not a subtle miracle?

<Hollyhock God> What are your Spirit's?

<Razzen> 2

<Elias> 2

<Seawaffle> 3

<Wilgelm> I'll go elemental

<Emma Graves-Margery> I make a sound with the crystal's resonant frequency, causing them to shatter

<Elias> having lost most of their kinetic energy due to friction, they shouldn't be going fast enough to puncture the car, no?

<Elias> of course, I'm still outside >_<

<Wilgelm> and 1

<Emma Graves-Margery> 2 iirc

<Hollyhock God> I was presuming you all got out to see what the problem was.

<Emma Graves-Margery> yeah

<Elias> oh

<Seawaffle> any sign of our assailant about?

<Razzen> If I was able to see the crystals in the tires, then yes.

<Hollyhock God> As it stands, the crystals begin to veer wildly, and strike and random points.

<Hollyhock God> Only Wilghelm takes damage as he bursts out of his suit with a mass of roots and branches.

<Hollyhock God> The others have them bounce away at a distance of about five feet.

<Wilgelm> i figured someone had it in for that suit

<Hollyhock God> Auctoritas apparently.

<Wilgelm> might as well give them the pleasure

<Razzen> When I get the chance I'm going to Divine the crystals' memory to see if they remember their point of origin.

<Elias> It wasn't that strong an attack, apparently

<Hollyhock God> Crystals came from just down the road, where Lucia is standing.

<Hollyhock God> She's right over there.

<Elias> how far away?

<Hollyhock God> You aren't sure when she appeared.

<Hollyhock God> About ten yards?

<Emma Graves-Margery> anyone else around?

<Seawaffle> hmmmm

<Elias> right over there indeed

<Hollyhock God> The ground shakes, and you have to adjust to avoid falling as a giant wall of crystal shakes out of the earth.

<Hollyhock God> A large oval forms down the road, separating Wilgelm and Lucia from the rest of you.

<Hollyhock God> Wilgelm, Lucia is running towards you with open arms.

<Elias> "Bernardo, can't you do anything about this…structure?"

<Hollyhock God> Bernardo, it seems to be just her and you guys.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Piccione, alter the geometry of this area.

<Hollyhock God> That would be a lesser change.

<Seawaffle> I can attempt to, but I'm not much of a domain fellow

<Hollyhock God> I don't think you have that much power.

<tragicsmile> he'll have to spend 3 dmp to do it :/

  • EmmaGraves attempts to maintain communication with Wilgelm

<Seawaffle> hrm

<Hollyhock God> He'd have to spend eight.

<tragicsmile> oh

<Seawaffle> yeah, that's a no

<Hollyhock God> He has Domain 1.

<tragicsmile> my bad

<Titus Cornelius Naro> All right.

<tragicsmile> ugh

<Hollyhock God> Maybe if you spend four, you could destroy the geometric shapes of the crystal?

<Seawaffle> I'm useless outside of the chancel ;__;

<Hollyhock God> You can afford a destruction.

<Hollyhock God> Crystals rely on geometric structure to stand.

<Elias> that'll work

<Seawaffle> I'll do that then, good idea

<Hollyhock God> That's the difference between crystal and rock.

<Elias> if nothing else, I can climb up the wall

<Hollyhock God> Okay, I'll get back to you.

<Wilgelm> Does the oval have a roof?

<Hollyhock God> Wilgelm, Lucia clasps her arms around you and whispers "My love."

<tragicsmile> ohshi

<Hollyhock God> Yes, there is a roof.

<Seawaffle> secrets revealed~

<tragicsmile> waffle better be careful with destroying the structure, then - it could crush duty

<Hollyhock God> Well, he's wooden right now.

<tragicsmile> hot branch sex!

<Hollyhock God> Probably not going to be crushed.

<Seawaffle> I could shatter the whole damned thing into bits, no?

<Hollyhock God> All right, Bernardo's miracle causes the crystal wall to shatter.

<Duty> damn my slow typing

<Hollyhock God> There's a cloud of purple dust as rock particles settle.

<Duty> and need to look things up in the book

<Hollyhock God> Wilgelm, what are you doing?

<Duty> I guess he's stunned and didn't have time to react to anything

<tragicsmile> probably the cliche stunned standing harem lead thing

<tragicsmile> XD

<Hollyhock God> As the wind blows the crystal dust away…

<Titus Cornelius Naro> We want to keep track of our MPs by the way.

<Razzen> Sorry that should have been ooc.

<Hollyhock God> you find Wilgelm standing alone, a confused tree. There is no sign of Lucia.

<Seawaffle> hrm

<Wilgelm> I say "Do I know you?" to a patch of thin air

<Seawaffle> I'll kick on the sight

<Elias> I inspect Wilgelm for signs of damage

<Seawaffle> she could be all invisible

<Hollyhock God> Well, you do know her.

<tragicsmile> the safety of the staff is one of my bonds. :/

  • EmmaGraves attempts communication with the crystal dust as to the whereabouts of Lucia

<Wilgelm> And probably leave tree mode

<Hollyhock God> The sight shows nothing, although it can't see through invisibility.

<Seawaffle> hmmph

<Hollyhock God> Creation of Communication?

<Hollyhock God> Penetration on that?

<Emma Graves-Margery> hrm

<Razzen> Checking the air's memories may work better.

<TheStupidOne> good point

<Duty> lesser creation + penetration would be expensive

<Seawaffle> hrm

<TheStupidOne> indeed

<Hollyhock God> The air spirits remember feeling her solid body collapse into dust and blow away.

<Wilgelm> Can I check if any trees around the world know anything about this love of mine?

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Turn to dust and blow away with the wind.

<Seawaffle> wonder if she can turn herself into crystal?

<tragicsmile> that's what I was thinking

<Hollyhock God> That would be a Greater Divination.

<Seawaffle> she could have blended in with the dust

<TheStupidOne> not outside the realm of possiblity

<Hollyhock God> And why would trees know about her?

<Hollyhock God> Yes, she might have had that power.

<Wilgelm> Better not then

<Hollyhock God> Duty, you're familiar with her history, right?

<Razzen> Does the wind remember where it took that cloud of dust?

<TheStupidOne> are there any creatures about that could have witnessed her?

<Hollyhock God> It can't tell the Noble particles from the other ones.

<Hollyhock God> They're scattered.

<Razzen> True.

<Elias> I return to the task of changing out the tire while pondering this encounter

<Wilgelm> Yes, since she was in my Familia

<Wilgelm> I suppose I did know her

<Hollyhock God> You never were lovers that you know of.

<Hollyhock God> But you never really knew what she was thinking.

<TheStupidOne> something's amiss

<Wilgelm> Yes

<Hollyhock God> A mysterious type.

<TheStupidOne> why would she attack us, then declare her love?

<Hollyhock God> Tsundere?

<TheStupidOne> other than that =P

<Hollyhock God> Who knows?

<Elias> Cornelius, I will entrust these crystal fragments in the tire to you - perhaps you can divine from then when and where she was before we detected her?

<Elias> And if there was anybody or anything else around her

<Titus Cornelius Naro> I shall do my best.

<Wilgelm> I do remember her being a somewhat flighty woman in regard to romance

<Hollyhock God> Apparently the crystals were fired from a tree branch overhanging the road.

<Wilgelm> No experience, but lots and lots of rumors

<Hollyhock God> Right above the place where you first saw Lucia.

<Wilgelm> Is that a divination opportunity for me?

<Hollyhock God> You'd have to break her Auctoritas.

<Hollyhock God> Want to try?

<Elias> remember she's a sunfire.

<Bernardo> well, this whole nonsense is going to be quite troublesome…hmmph

<Hollyhock God> I think Simoun has the tire replaced by now.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> We ought to head back to campus.

<Hollyhock God> Shouldn't take long for an Aspected type.

  • EmmaGraves is still quite shaken from the encounter

<Hollyhock God> I guess this is your first Noble combat.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> You'll get used to it my dear.

<Wilgelm> No, it would cost a lot of MP and the tree might not tell me much

<Hollyhock God> And I'm only about half done with the things I had planned for this session.

  • Piccione is a little irritated that he unwittingly provided the "getaway vehicle"

<Hollyhock God> Do we want to go any farther?

<Wilgelm> They don't pay that much attention to the world in a human timeframe

<tragicsmile> I've no problem with that

<Razzen> I'm fine with it.

<Hollyhock God> All right, let's take a short break whle I count out MPs and similar.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Well we've learned something more about our adversary at least.

<tragicsmile> Not necessarily us: do we know what Lucia whispered to Wilhelm?

<tragicsmile> hooray for dramatic irony, I guess

<Razzen> Well we know that she can turn herself into crystal now.

<TheStupidOne> can you query the air for the memories of the words Lucia spoke?

<Elias> oh, well, that should be a given

<Seawaffle> we have a good idea that she can turn herself into crystal

<Hollyhock God> He can tell you if he likes.

<Seawaffle> we know nothing for sure

<Wilgelm> If not, I explain what happened, and try to convince them that as far as I knew we were nothing to one another

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Well you were Familia, that is something after all.

<Hollyhock God> All right, you can discuss it on the way back.

<Wilgelm> Fellow Powers, and I had a few conversations with her about geology. Purely technical.

<Bernardo> one can mean love in many different ways, i suppose, i mean, you were familia

<Elias> About how the territory was just perfect for an ambush, Drevidnovich?

<Hollyhock God> You should make it home just in time for your appointment with Rosa, if the Frost's-Regal's prediction is correct.

  • SimounElias smirks wryly

<tragicsmile> oh, he's explaining the extent of her relationship with him. my bad then

<tragicsmile> I thought he was telling us that about what happened in the crystal dome.

<tragicsmile> ugh multitasking

<Razzen> Nah, go with it.

<Duty> tragicsmile: both

<Hollyhock God> Of course, you should also consider why it's unusual for a Power to confess her love.

<Wilgelm> Our familia was hardly close enough to warrant an attack on other Nobilis for my sake

<Wilgelm> I have nothing to say to Simoun

<Razzen> Well yeah.

<Bernardo> hrm

<Seawaffle> well, is it the intent of the love that is meant, or is all love prohibited

  • SimounElias keeps silent and listens while he keeps his eyes on the road

<Hollyhock God> At any rate, you've almost reached home when all your cellphones go off at once.

<Razzen> Only the loyalty to one's Imperator and Familia is allowed for, and de facto with Anchors.

<Seawaffle> I mean, I love a good brandy, is that illegal?

<Hollyhock God> My interpreation is that romantic love is the major prohibition.

<Razzen> Love between people.

<Emma Graves-Margery> brandy~

<Elias> You'll have to take your calls, I drive horribly enough

<Hollyhock God> That's the one that Lord Entropy punishes, at any rate.

  • TitusCornel answers the phone, Ahoy-hoy?

<Hollyhock God> Either the other ones aren't against the Code or are too minor to bother with.

  • Piccione answers his phone
  • EmmaGraves puts on her headset and answers

<Hollyhock God> You've all recieved pictures by mail.

<Bernardo> i hate these damned cellphones, getting messages at all hours…

<Hollyhock God> Two files each, bearing two Designs which you don't recognize.

<Elias> visitors?

<Hollyhock God> They're both pulsing.

  • Wilgelm takes a while to figure out his cell phone, he's never used one before.

<Hollyhock God> This is consistent with the Rite of Annunciation.

<Bernardo> hmmmm

<Wilgelm> I should know which plants are illustrated in the designs

<Hollyhock God> And Rosa should be just about to arrive as well.

<Wilgelm> Unless they're terribly stylized

<Seawaffle> not even razzen recognizes them?

<Hollyhock God> One is red Poppy and blue Hyacinth, and the other is Mimosa and Goldenrod.

<Hollyhock God> The first has the flowers twining around the reverse side of a Tarot card.

<Hollyhock God> The other has them growing out of the eyes of a tragedy mask.

<Razzen> Well my Domain should remember whose flowers those Domains are associated with at least.

<Wilgelm> Or their meanings

<Hollyhock God> Poppy symbolizes pleasure and extravagance.

<Hollyhock God> Blue hyacinth is for constancy

<Hollyhock God> In any case, you seem to recall that they belong to powers from an adjacent Realm on the Tree…

<Razzen> And the other two?

<Wilgelm> Odd combination

<Hollyhock God> whose Chancel is linked to Earth in some way.

<Razzen> How fascinating.

<Hollyhock God> I note that one flower in a design is the Estate, and the other is the Power.

<Razzen> Right.

<Hollyhock God> Anyway, you never bothered to find out much about them.

<Elias> destiny?

<Bernardo> hmmm…too many things happening in one day. irritating, to say the least

<Wilgelm> I had better go put some clothes on

<Hollyhock God> Goldenrod is Precaution.

<Wilgelm> If we're home yet

<tragicsmile> in any case, where does d'addario plan to meet us?

<Hollyhock God> And Mimosa is Sensitivity.

<Hollyhock God> ts: you don't know

<Razzen> I'll make the car remember the fastest way home.

<Razzen> If time is of the essence.

<Hollyhock God> You're almost inside the Chancel.

<Elias> "Emotion, I guess"

<Razzen> Okay then, nevermind.

<Hollyhock God> What do you plan to do.

  • Piccione is keeping the sight on

<Elias> well, first things first: I feed Medusa. <3

<Razzen> Well all right, I definitely want to know who these new Powers are.

<Hollyhock God> Nobody along the road seems to be a Power.

<Wilgelm> I forgot, is our chancel still high-technology?

<Hollyhock God> Of course, what method of transport otherworldly Powers may take is unknown.

  • EmmaGraves goes to her room and hides for a while

<Hollyhock God> Wil: It has the knowledge available, but as yet it is unused.

<Hollyhock God> So what are you going to do?

<Wilgelm> I make a note to see if there's a fabric that can accomodate both my human and tree forms

<Wilgelm> And put on something respectable

<Seawaffle> well, would we know their point of entrance?

<Razzen> Someone needs to be on the lookout for Rosa.

<Hollyhock God> All right, tell me what you're all going to do.

<Hollyhock God> Remember, Rosa wants to meet your new Familia members.

<Elias> I suppose I can take Medusa for a walk outside Wilgelm's quarters

<Seawaffle> is it possible to use realm to tell where these powers are entering?

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Well all right, I'll be the welcoming party.

<Hollyhock God> If you pierce their Auctoritas you might be able to spot them with constant Divination.

<Hollyhock God> Do you have a favored scrying method?

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Wil, Emma, you can meet us in the quad when you're ready to talk to the Cammorra woman.

  • EmmaGraves does not look enthusiastic

<Seawaffle> nah, hadn't thought of how I'd scry…

<Wilgelm> I had better go to the meeting, though I'm a bit shaken by the strange events on the way home

<Seawaffle> water?

<Seawaffle> fountain nearby?

<Titus Cornelius Naro> You'll be fine. I'm more concerned about what she'll say to Wil.

<Elias> I watch Medusa romp around in the quad while calling janina up on the phone, telling her to check on Tildegran's mortal form to see if she needs anything

<Hollyhock God> Sure, you can use the fountain in the quad.

<Hollyhock God> Or a pocket mirror, or whatever.

<tragicsmile> we haven't quite decided what Tildegran's mortal form is, have we?

  • EmmaGraves goes begrudgingly

<Wilgelm> The angles of shadows, perhaps?

<Seawaffle> what's it going to take to do this scrying?

<Wilgelm> Or is that too logical?

<Hollyhock God> Well, Lesser Divination will spot them (probably)

<Duty> (should have been OOC)

<Hollyhock God> if you give it enough penetration to beat the Noble's Auctoritas.

<Seawaffle> guh, I'm still real sketchy on mechanics…

<Hollyhock God> And if you are constantly watching the perimeter.

<Hollyhock God> If you use a hard miracle, you can give it Penetration 3.

<Wilgelm> Anyway, once dressed I'll join the others in the quad

<Seawaffle> how many points would I need for something like that?

<Hollyhock God> 2

<Hollyhock God> RMPs.

<Seawaffle> hrm

<Seawaffle> I think I'll pass

<Seawaffle> I don't know if it's going to come down to a rumble here

<Hollyhock God> All right, so you all wait in the quad.

<Seawaffle> and if it is, I need some rmp

<Hollyhock God> Shall you instruct your secretary to send Rosa there if she calls?

  • EmmaGraves is dressed rather hapazardly, still clearly shaken

<Razzen> Please do.

<Seawaffle> yeah

<Elias> yes, that would be appropriate

  • SimounElias did not bother to dress out of his dress clothes

<Duty> something you should ask: does Rosa have a habit of being indirect like this

<Duty> Wilgelm doesn't know of course

<Elias> they look rather interesting, what with all the crystal powder in them.

<Duty> that 70's look

<Hollyhock God> She acts flaky, but she is a member of the magic mafia.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> She's a very smooth operator.

<Elias> XD

<Hollyhock God> There must be something behind it.

  • Piccione definitely doesn't trust rosa

<Hollyhock God> All right, Rosa arrives precisely at the time indicated by Lady Katarina.

<Seawaffle> which makes me wonder how katarina knew that shit

<Hollyhock God> She leaps on Titus and enfolds him in a warm embrace.

<Duty> alone?

<Hollyhock God> "Ah, darlings!"

<Hollyhock God> Yes, just her.

<tragicsmile> uncannily accurate, that woman is

  • TitusCornel gives her a pat on the back but tries to maintain his dignity.

<Elias> "good evening to you, madame d'addio"

  • EmmaGraves looks at Rosa with a curious look

<Hollyhock God> She transfers the hug to Simoun.

<Hollyhock God> "Ah, you are always so forrrmal, my darling!"

<Bernardo> evening, rosa

<Hollyhock God> She's got a pretty thick accent.

  • SimounElias smiles warmly and hugs back

<Wilgelm> I'll nod politely and try to stand close enough to be respectful, but out of hugging distance

<Hollyhock God> She returns Bernardo's greeting without returning the hug.

<Hollyhock God> I guess she knows better.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> I can't help it, it was the way I was raised.

<Hollyhock God> She laughs.

<Hollyhock God> "But you must introduce me to the new memberrrs of yourrr family!"

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Of course. This lovely young woman is the new Domina Communicationis.

<Razzen> Emma-Graves what?

<Duty> Margery

<Hollyhock God> "Indeed, she is nearly as lovely as myself!"

  • Piccione pays more attention scanning about the quad with the sight, letting titus do the introductions
  • EmmaGraves huffs at her statement

<Hollyhock God> Bernardo, you're starting to sense a disruption in the Realm.

<Seawaffle> do I know where?

<Hollyhock God> It seems like a wild party somewhere off to the side of the quad.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Emma has big shoes to fill but we know she will do just fine.

<Hollyhock God> A really big wild party.

<Hollyhock God> "And this is the tragic son who comes to you in his hour of need."

<Hollyhock God> She leaps on Wilgelm this time.

  • EmmaGraves attempts to listen in on the party

<Bernardo> excuse me for a second rosa, i need to attend to a small matter

<Titus Cornelius Naro> No need for introductions here I'm sure.

<Hollyhock God> "Ah, indeed he is solid like a tree, just as I have heard.

<Hollyhock God> So you slip off to check?

<Seawaffle> yeah, I slip off, going invisible on the way

<Hollyhock God> All right, in the location you sensed the disturbance there's a gigantic celebration.

<Seawaffle> I've still got the sight going

<Hollyhock God> You're pretty sure it wasn't there when you returned to the Chancel.

  • Wilgelm greets the woman awkwardly. It seems like her introductions are quite one-sided.

<Hollyhock God> There's a hundred or so students drinking heavily out of kegs and similar, and fires, and loud music.

<Seawaffle> hrm

<Hollyhock God> It seems to be getting a little out of control.

<Razzen> I can't remember the latin word for wood.

<Seawaffle> maybe I should contact campus security

<Hollyhock God> You estimate it will reach "bacchanalia" level in about twenty minutes.

<Hollyhock God> litmus?

<Hollyhock God> lignum?

<Seawaffle> yeah, I call security to break it up

<Hollyhock God> All right, security quickly arrives in response.

<Seawaffle> anything registering on the sight?

<Hollyhock God> No sooner have they entered the area when the guards head straight for the kegs.

<Razzen> Right, Lignum, -i, n.

<Seawaffle> hrmmmmmm

<Hollyhock God> The Sight draws you to a man and a woman standing toward the center of the festivities.

  • SimounElias mutters utter his breath while staring at the party out of the corners of his eyes "no better way to propagate excesses, I guess."

<Hollyhock God> They aren't participating, and they're standing right under a light pole.

<Hollyhock God> Are the rest of you moving toward the party, or keeping out of it?

<Razzen> Titus is going to have his work cut out for him later when purging the memories of this from the students.

<Elias> Excuse me Madame-errr, Rosa, I believe we have some rather unexpected guests.

  • Piccione slides out of invisibility behind the two

<Razzen> Well, long as they just remember it as a kegger and don't notice the Powers in their midst.

<Hollyhock God> "Really? I would love to meet yourrr guests!"

<tragicsmile> the cranky old math professor in the middle of a keg party. now I've seen everything.

<Hollyhock God> As you get closer, you realize that the two Powers are definitely otherworldly.

  • Wilgelm is not a party person, but doesn't yet know whether these sorts of parties are an unusual thing on campus.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> My lady, do not forget our business.

<Hollyhock God> They have the tufted eyebrows and almond eyes associated with the fey.

  • EmmaGraves joins in the party, much to the dismay of the others

<Wilgelm> If Simoun and the lot move off, I follow.

<Elias> Titus, I believe everyone else has. :/

<Hollyhock God> "Business? I am certainly here for pleasure, as I am enjoying myself so!"

  • Piccione taps the man on the shoulder

<Hollyhock God> Also, they're dressed in robes made of aquamarine and melancholy.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Sigh.

<Hollyhock God> They turn in response to your greeting, and their eyes open fully in recognition.

<Hollyhock God> "Ah," says the man.

<Bernardo> pardon me, i don't believe we've been quite introduced

<Hollyhock God> "I had hoped to find the Warden of this place. It seems quite overrun."

<Elias> I tell Medusa to stay in the quad, as she seems fully content to just lie there like she always does. I then head towards the party

<Hollyhock God> All right, everyone heads for the party, Rosa following along happily.

<tragicsmile> I just <3 basset hounds.

<Bernardo> it would be appreciated if you could possibly…rein in the festivities a tad

<Hollyhock God> "I do not appreciate being laughed at." the man tells you.

<Hollyhock God> "And he never will," says the woman dreamilly.

<Seawaffle> erm

<Seawaffle> did any of us laugh?

<Hollyhock God> "I will introduce myself."

<TheStupidOne> I might have… seeing how I've joined the party

<Hollyhock God> "I am known to the beings of this world as the Marquis in Lavender."

<Hollyhock God> "Power of Abandon."

<Hollyhock God> "My sister, the Power of Foresight, is called the Mask of White Tears."

<Hollyhock God> Our true names we keep to ourselves, according to the custom of our realm."

<Bernardo> well, your visit is quite a pleasant surprise. i am bernardo piccione, power of geometry

  • SimounElias heads straight for Bernardo and the two guests

<Hollyhock God> "I recognized your mathematical essence immediately, friend Bernardo."

<Hollyhock God> The woman says "And these are your brethren. And their dog."

<Bernardo> that they are

  • Piccione introduces everyone

<tragicsmile> :/ my dog is being lazy in the quad, but I guess she tags along if BFP says she does

<Hollyhock God> No, Medusa is still in the quad.

<Emma Graves-Margery> I'm *hick* Emma, power of communication

  • Piccione frowns

<Hollyhock God> The Mask of White Tears comes to take Emma's hand.

<Hollyhock God> She says "You'll come to a bad end if you can't control your drinking,


<Seawaffle> ha

<Emma Graves-Margery> I can hold my own =P

  • EmmaGraves tips a little

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Ah youth, wasted on the young.

<Hollyhock God> The Marquis is exchanging greetings with the rest of you.

<Hollyhock God> "It seems the wildlife of your Ward is somewhat… unrestrained."

<Hollyhock God> "I regret I was forced to take strong steps.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> I think he means our students, Piccione.

<Bernardo> yes, i'm getting that notion

<Hollyhock God> "Do they commonly run free like this?"

<tragicsmile> unrestrained?

<Bernardo> yes, it's the general practice

<tragicsmile> gotta love the otherworld perspective

<Hollyhock God> "They lack knowledge of the appropriate courtesy for a being of my stature."

<Hollyhock God> "I hope their loss will not trouble you."

<Bernardo> they are not servants, marquis

<Hollyhock God> "These are all your progeny?"

<Bernardo> it would be appreciated if you could possibly return them to normal

<Bernardo> no, they are students, all of us are teachers

<Hollyhock God> "They hardly seem worth the effort. Your Noble essence seems to have rubbed off on them not at all."

<Hollyhock God> "As it pleases you."

<Hollyhock God> He waves a hand vaguely.

<Hollyhock God> "So you are engaged in the 'evolution', are you?

<Seawaffle> do we know what he means by this?

<Hollyhock God> He seems to connect teaching with breeding new life forms.

<Hollyhock God> Improving the gene pool, so to speak.

<Hollyhock God> Titus, Rosa is talking to you.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Yes?

<Hollyhock God> "Ah, but I did not know that you were knowing the Powers of the Twisted Henge!"

<Hollyhock God> "Are you keeping secrrrets frrrom me, Titus?"

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Actually this is news to me as well my dear, they had just Announced themselves to us today.

<Bernardo> we're not quite involved in any sort of evolution in a literal sense, marquis, we tend to…blend in, a bit

<Hollyhock God> "Ah, they never visit me…"

  • EmmaGraves sneezes

<Hollyhock God> "Is that not a grave restriction on your Noble essences? To live among the masses of your world?"

<Elias> "At least we hope we provoke an evolution of thought and learning through our teachings, but nothing more."

<Bernardo> we here prefer a more…subtle approach when it comes to the "masses"

<Hollyhock God> Rosa: They arrre the grreatest gossips in Creation, and also the best poker playerrrs.

<Hollyhock God> R: I believe their Chancel opens onto Berlin somewherrre.

<Titus Cornelius Naro> Interesting. Perhaps we shall have a game then, if they so choose.

<Razzen> Hmm…

<Hollyhock God> The Marquis nods gravely "We must all make sacrifices in our service to Creation."

<Hollyhock God> "It recently occured to us that we had never paid a call upon you, and we set out to remedy this."

<Bernardo> well, we are quite honored to have you

<Hollyhock God> They seem to be waiting for something.

<Elias> We thank you for your thoughtfulness.

<Seawaffle> is there any particular courtesy we should know about?

  • EmmaGraves seems rather intrigued by the new guests

<Hollyhock God> I think feeding them might be appropriate.

<Seawaffle> ahh

<Elias> Would you care to have a seat and dinner somewhere, where we can discuss in relative peace?

<Hollyhock God> So, you invite them to dinner.

<Hollyhock God> Where at?

<tragicsmile> where are the good places in the area?

<Seawaffle> I'd imagine we have a decent conference room or something that we use to entertain…

<TheStupidOne> how about that cafe

<Hollyhock God> kekekeke

<Razzen> Was just going to suggest that.

<Hollyhock God> Good idea.

<Hollyhock God> All right, I think we can stop here.

<Hollyhock God> It's 1:35 on the East Coast.

<Duty> yeah, was getting tired

<Razzen> Yeah it is kinda late.

<tragicsmile> I was trying to avoid something implicitly connected with Lucia's appearance, but BFP seems to want to go with it. :p

<Duty> as evidenced by my utter silence

<tragicsmile> That was fun :3

  • EmmaGraves yawnsssss

<Hollyhock God> Next week we can start the Dinner Party of Disaster.

<Duty> good session

<tragicsmile> >_<

<Seawaffle> damn you and your parties

<Emma Graves-Margery> ut time!

<Hollyhock God> I'm sorry if the combat part was a little clumsy.

<tragicsmile> Waffle: I should be at one right now >_<

<Razzen> Eh it was fine.

<Seawaffle> I don't get invited to parties ;;

<tragicsmile> nah, I thought the combat part was fine

<Hollyhock God> Also it's hard to keep you all occupied while I have you split up.

<tragicsmile> Waffle: not so much of parties but "drinking at a friend's place"

<Seawaffle> my rp character gets more socializing than me ;;

<Razzen> You're only one person after all.

<Duty> yeah, i was impressed by that

<Emma Graves-Margery> I got drunk a lot =/

<tragicsmile> BFP: I second razzen - it's rather hard to manage three groups at a time like you did at the tea party

<Hollyhock God> Well, it's dinner with five human Powers, two fey Powers with homicidal tendencies, and a magical Mafiosi.

<Hollyhock God> Should end well.

<Seawaffle> fun times

  • HollyhockGod is now known as BFP

<Emma Graves-Margery> more drinking!

<Seawaffle> I'm a little surprised that all of us are human…

<tragicsmile> everyone should watch their step then - commiting a noble crime with a member of the camorra around is asking for a beating

<Razzen> Well Duty's is more of an ent.

<BFP> A man/woman/tree.

<Seawaffle> I suppose

<BFP> Which makes is affair with the rock girl even more complicatied.

<tragicsmile> a sexy beast of a man/woman/tree, I suppose, given Lucia

<BFP> That means their love is techically a threesome.

<Razzen> Well, trolls (rock creatures) were bastardized ents after all.

<Razzen> Can you tell I wanted to talk with Gandalf? :P

<tragicsmile> In any case, i find it intriguing that katrina would know so much about the movement of the camorra

<BFP> One of these days.

<BFP> Well, it's not a bad idea for a Noble to keep tabs on them.

<tragicsmile> true

<BFP> Lady Katarina is close to the top of the Noble social hierarchy.

<tragicsmile> I guess there is much about the noble world that I still have to learn

<BFP> I think we had some fun with the tea party scenario.

<BFP> Next time I'll try to have some more fighting.

<tragicsmile> Also, that combat encounter was something I had already played through in my head - I just don't know how I can use it offensively

<Razzen> I'm always concerned about how I'm going to fight without making what I do obvious.

<BFP> Yeah, your Gift will let you alter the amounts of Friction in surfaces by moving the friction around.

<BFP> You can think up some ways to use it creatively.

<Seawaffle> I'm always concerned about how I'm going to fight period…

<tragicsmile> and I guess stopping the crystals in midair is a tad too expensive for me right now

<BFP> Yeah, you can stop as many attacks as she can throw.

<BFP> *can't

<BFP> She's a Duchess.

<tragicsmile> ugh

<BFP> Well, I leave you to think about it.

<BFP> My typing fingers ache.

<tragicsmile> also, I'm still a bit in the dark as to what tildegran's mortal form is

<Seawaffle> she's a doll

<BFP> A lady drinking tea in an office somewhere?

<tragicsmile> given that it's my second strongest bond, I should know what I'm supposed to be taking care of

<BFP> decide amongst yourselves

<tragicsmile> ah

<Razzen> So, character point?

<BFP> okay

<BFP> one point for everyone

<BFP> anybody care to spend any now?
<Razzen> Yes, the Worldwalker gift that I wanted last time.

<BFP> kk

<TheStupidOne> what do you suggest… since I have 5 char points

<Razzen> I should have remembered Wayfinder when we were trying to find the Locus Blades. :P

<Seawaffle> I think i'ma keep mine until next time, for an attribute upgrade

<BFP> I spent yours on Aspect and Immutable, but you can change, I guess.

<tragicsmile> thanks a lot razzen :p

<Razzen> Anytime.

<tragicsmile> hm, I can't shift spent CP around, no?

<BFP> No.

<BFP> Unless the HG made your char for you.

<tragicsmile> ah

<Seawaffle> ha

<Razzen> Could always get a gift, TSO, or save up one more CP to buy two attribute points.

<tragicsmile> what changes can I make besides spending CP?

<tragicsmile> gotcha~

<BFP> you can upgrade stuff if that's possible

<TheStupidOne> I'll think about it for next session

<BFP> okay.

<tragicsmile> I was aiming for a realm or a domain upgrade, but that will take me one more

<BFP> if you make changes, just post your new sheet

<BFP> yes, you guys could do with having at least one domain specialist

<Seawaffle> I'm thinking of a realm or spirit boost as well…

<tragicsmile> I was aiming to specialize in domain, actually

<BFP> okay then, i'll add more character points to your sheets for now

<Seawaffle> I think it's fairly obvious that I'm never going to be a domain guy…

<tragicsmile> adding more domain attributes will eventually nullify my mastery; can I upgrade that as well?

<tragicsmile> hm, I guess not, given that it takes me no MP to do the lesser changes

<Razzen> Spirit is always useful.

<tragicsmile> oh yeah

<BFP> if you all become defensive, i'll have to pump up the antagonist's destructive power to match

<BFP> at least duty is a paper tiger'

<BFP> fierce but fragile

<tragicsmile> >_<

<BFP> he could do with more domain

<BFP> wood can do fun things

<tragicsmile> she likes hurting the men she loves

<tragicsmile> into S&M much?

<BFP> you have never heard so

<Razzen> Don't make the trees mad.

<BFP> all right, this concludes our session for the week.

<BFP> i'm really happy with how it turned out

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License